• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
I received my Medium Navy Polo today. It fits perfectly. I do see what might be an issue with the button holes, though. I would appreciate some feedback on whether this is no big deal, or if I should send the shirt back for another. I have no problem clipping these loose threads, but I don't want the button holes to fall apart on me after washing them either.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just realized I haven't used my UD code for KW yet, and it expires March 3! I was hoping to put it towards my 2nd MTM suit, but I don't know if I can afford that right now. So if I don't splurge for the suit, I might just pick up a few ties and pocket squares. Does anyone own the brown cashmere tie? I don't have any brown ties and it seems like it would be a perfect complement to a navy blazer.

TimeteArborem

Reaction score
Kent, do you have any idea when you'll be shipping backordered Unicorn and Cellarius squares? I ordered mine in mid-January, and I'm very eager to try them out.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I received my Medium Navy Polo today. It fits perfectly. I do see what might be an issue with the button holes, though. I would appreciate some feedback on whether this is no big deal, or if I should send the shirt back for another. I have no problem clipping these loose threads, but I don't want the button holes to fall apart on me after washing them either.
Sorry, that shouldn't have passed inspection. You can snip the threads. I'll give you a one year warranty on this shirt. If it falls apart within a year we'll replace it.

Kent, do you have any idea when you'll be shipping backordered Unicorn and Cellarius squares? I ordered mine in mid-January, and I'm very eager to try them out.
There has been a delay at the printer so now we're looking at late March. There will be several exciting new designs in at that time as well.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a Kent Wang bi-color tie that I LOVE. Would you mind taking a side-by-side comparison? Maybe with some light from the back end?...

I'd be very grateful! 

My apologies. I took them out to take a pic. They are both HY. The KW tie I have is a grenadine. Both still excellent brands though.

Last edited:

jgeldner

Reaction score
I went a little nuts with the prints and ordered the Cellarius, Lindisfarne Gospels, Elijah Burritt, and Great Wave squares back in December. Got the Cellarius right away and was the one I was least excited about. Now that I've had it for 2 months or so, however, it's become probably my favorite square...it'll be worth the wait (just hoping I'll say the same about the great wave...)

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just realized I haven't used my UD code for KW yet, and it expires March 3! I was hoping to put it towards my 2nd MTM suit, but I don't know if I can afford that right now. So if I don't splurge for the suit, I might just pick up a few ties and pocket squares. Does anyone own the brown cashmere tie? I don't have any brown ties and it seems like it would be a perfect complement to a navy blazer.

I thought Kent said that the UD codes wouldn't expire?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought Kent said that the UD codes wouldn't expire?

I think he originally said this, but then came back later and confirmed that they expire on the date stated by UD, which is in 2 days now

prozach1576

Reaction score

Do I spy a previously unseen briefcase and portfolio at the trunk show?

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Sorry, that shouldn't have passed inspection. You can snip the threads. I'll give you a one year warranty on this shirt. If it falls apart within a year we'll replace it.

Would it be possible to just return this shirt for another? I'd rather not wait for it to fall apart if it should never have passed inspection.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Would it be possible to just return this shirt for another? I'd rather not wait for it to fall apart if it should never have passed inspection.

there is nothing wrong with the shirt..
as i mentioned earlier snipers or cuticle scissors will clean up the buttonhole.
a loose thread or to around a button hole is common

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Shirtmaven: Thanks. I saw one of your customers at the trunk show today.

We accept returns for any reason, so feel free to exchange it if you like. Please email [email protected]

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 for Kent's customer service, he'll take care of you, but honestly you're fine. Listen to Shirtmaven -- he knows what he's talking about.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mackattack27