• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Al in Philly

Reaction score
Thoughts? I'll send these to Kent as well. Seems to be a bit of wrinkling at the back of the right sleeve, as well as a little bit across the back. I assume this can be taken care of with very minor adjustments, though I'm not overly concerned about it. Waist good, or in just a tad?

Once again, overall I'm pretty happy with the fit of the trial jacket, but I welcome all opinions.
Waist in 1cm, right sleeve length -0.5cm, left sleeve length -1cm, rotate right arm back a couple degrees. It might be a little tight across the back.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The answer to this question is probably obvious, but I haven't seen it addressed. The MTM process with e-mails back and forth between Kent and the customer can address everything except inseam, right? I assume that the finished suit will come with unfinished trouser hems that the customer takes to a local tailor for hemming.

I'm seriously thinking of making the trip to NYC this weekend to get all my measurements done in one fell swoop.

Al in Philly

Reaction score
The answer to this question is probably obvious, but I haven't seen it addressed. The MTM process with e-mails back and forth between Kent and the customer can address everything except inseam, right? I assume that the finished suit will come with unfinished trouser hems that the customer takes to a local tailor for hemming.

I'm seriously thinking of making the trip to NYC this weekend to get all my measurements done in one fell swoop.
The gorge also can't be changed.

YourArsenal

Reaction score
I also ordered mine finished, I just went with the inseam of a pair of trousers that fit me quite well. But it is possible to order them unfinished.

AceBoogie

Reaction score
Kent, do you ever plan on making more outerwear in the future? Like an overcoat or maybe the trench in different colors (tan or charcoal or a dark grey would be great)

strangedream

Reaction score
Hey Kent - I was hoping to stop by the trunk show this weekend, but I just wanted to pop in and check things out in person, no idea if I'll be buying anything. Do I need to RSVP for a specific time? I don't want to waste your time by taking up a time slot if I'm not definitely going to buy something. If it's more just to get a sense of when people will be stopping by then I'm happy to do it.
Kent, I have a similar agenda sftiger--check out wares in person and ask some questions. I would like to stop by on Friday and wondered when would be the least buy time of the day from 11 to 7? I see that on RSVP page that Friday & Saturday are busiest.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kent, do you ever plan on making more outerwear in the future? Like an overcoat or maybe the trench in different colors (tan or charcoal or a dark grey would be great)
Making a khaki trenchcoat in the summer.
Kent, I have a similar agenda sftiger--check out wares in person and ask some questions. I would like to stop by on Friday and wondered when would be the least buy time of the day from 11 to 7? I see that on RSVP page that Friday & Saturday are busiest.
Right now, all times are about equally busy.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kent are you going to be selling the stock you bring? would it better to come in friday as opposed to later in the weekend or will you have the same stock throughout the weekend?

thanks! im really looking forward to meeting you.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not bringing very much stock to sell, just some pocket squares, ties, cuff links, plaintoe shoes, watches, some leather goods that aren't on the website. If you do want to buy those, then it would be better if you came on Monday afternoon, so other people can still see those goods throughout the weekend.

MrChris

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of Kents knit ties in "action"?
I have one knit from Howard Yount which is very light and see through, which, I prefer. How would Kents knits be in comparison to Howards? It´s quite difficult to determine from the pictures on Kents website if the knits are see through or not.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a blue knit tie from KW and a black one from HY. Kent's are not see through like HY's. I did find Kent's a bit on the short side for length. You can't really go wrong with either.

Moloch38

Reaction score
I have a navy one (pointed tip) and they are not see through at all. Great for summer and seersucker!

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a blue knit tie from KW and a black one from HY. Kent's are not see through like HY's. I did find Kent's a bit on the short side for length. You can't really go wrong with either.
I have a Kent Wang bi-color tie that I LOVE. Would you mind taking a side-by-side comparison? Maybe with some light from the back end?...

I'd be very grateful!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics