1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. AbeFroeman

AbeFroeman Well-Known Member

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I could be mistaken but I don't think there is a size 33 trouser available. I just checked the website and only saw 32 and 34.

3. Beatlegeuse

So I'm all ready to place my next suit order with Kent - I wanted to see some thoughts from others on the fabric choice before I pulled the trigger.

I'm looking for a standard mid grey (not too dark) that will be used mainly for business meetings or other formal functions. My top 2 choices right now are 7067 (grey herringbone) and 102701 (grey twill). My only concern over 7067 is the herringbone - I don't know how pronounced it will be IRL. On Kent's website it looks very very subtle, you really have to zoom in and look closely to see it. I asked Kent's opinion to see if that one will look pretty much like a solid mid grey once it's finished into a full suit. If the herringbone is too obvious I will most likely just go with 102701....although it would be nice to save a few bucks by going with 7067 ($820 vs $785)!

4. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Too lazy.

Link to fabrics.

5. Beatlegeuse

6. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I think you have a solid idea. The herringbone for a suit isn't a bad idea anyways. I think you have the right idea.

Or get a baller sports coat like I keep doing! :-D

7. Beatlegeuse

Oh yeah, Baller sports coats will be forthcoming for sure. But I just got a new job where I will have to wear suits once or twice a week. My only really nice suit is my navy one from KW, so I need at least a grey suit to mix it up. I'd really like to eventually get a nice 4 or 5 suit rotation, and then throw some SC's in there, but I definitely need to start with the basics for now.

8. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Gotcha. Then yeah I guess you're going in the right direction. My job is business casual so sport coats work. Not only that, it's 110 here so even an unstructured linen sport coat draws too much attention.

9. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

I'm probably a bit biased, but I'd go with 102701. It looks a bit darker IRL than in the pics I recently posted. Also, I'm not really a fan of herringbone, no matter how faint.

Congrats on the new job! :cheers:

10. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Some of my thoughts after making multiple purchases from Kent. If there's one word to describe Kent, it's helpful. He has answered every single e-mail I've sent him even when the questions weren't directly related to what he's selling. My experiences with Kent is literally like talking to another fellow SF'er via PM. I get the feel that Kent wants to teach people about clothing on top of selling his goods. If you need to make an exchange on something you bought for whatever reason, Kent is fast to ship you the replacement.

The only downside is there can be some quality control issues on the ties. Blades can be uneven or the length is off. However, Kent will quickly give you an exchange.

Great seller to buy from. He has made me into a loyal customer. Easily the best I've bought from.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  11. Beatlegeuse

Thanks! Yeah I think I'm leaning towards getting the standard grey twill as well. I just wish there was a similar option in the basic fabric range.

12. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

That gray twill is my next suit.

13. AbeFroeman

AbeFroeman Well-Known Member

My KW trousers are based on the size 33. I tried them on at the trunk show in NYC.

That grey is nice. I have a suit from it. Its a nice lighter-than-charchoal suit, and it can comfortably fill the charcoal suit slot in the wardrobe with more versatility.

14. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

15. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

+1. I think a mid to dark heathered gray is more versatile and looks better than charcoal, especially a charcoal as dark as the trial suit. That thing looks black unless right next to something that actually is black.

Very soft indeed, and the perfect weight for a staple suit.

16. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

I have that solid fabric, but I say be bold and go with Herringbone!

PS. My wedding is today, so I will be posting photos of me and my guys in our suits sometime tomorrow.

2 people like this.
  17. sftiger

sftiger Senior member

Congratulations! Can´t wait to see the photos!

18. Beatlegeuse

Congrats Al!

And I think you guys have sold me on the 102701, seems like that's exactly what I need for a staple mid grey suit.

1 person likes this.
  19. Onetwobit

Onetwobit Well-Known Member

KW needs to get their shit together IMO. Half of their shit is out of stock. They need more efficient processes.

20. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Congrats Al! Looking forward to the pics!