Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

They don't look bad to my (untrained) eye in the photo. You'll know best how they feel, obviously.

What all options did you go with? Once I catch up on wedding spending, I'd like to get a suit this color, so just curious. Thanks

2. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

I think it looks fine as well. Plus or minus two pounds body weight is rather insignificant and shouldn't even result in a noticeable difference in how clothes fit. A person's weight can fluctuate 2-3 pounds a day anyway depending on hydration level, food intake, etc. What fabric is that? And what shoulder options? Almost looks like a soft shoulder with roping?

3. 13g411

13g411 Member

Thank you very much for quick answers, I don't remember the serial for the fabric but its a Loro Piana in the D range i think, maybe Kent can set me right if I'm wrong. I'm very happy with it, and I recently ordered another one, I will however go for the roped shoulder for that suit and after suggestions from Kent I will have the shoulder angle lowered a bit to match my sloping shoulder.

4. IVotedForKodos

IVotedForKodos Member

I just realized they come in pointed tip!!! pretty psyched by this discovery!!

5. IVotedForKodos

IVotedForKodos Member

I wear mine year round. Not cold in winters in NY.

6. IVotedForKodos

IVotedForKodos Member

hey Kent: If we made an appointment way back when will we receive a confirmation email or something like that? I think I know the time I made mine for but don't want to jam you up by showing up at the wrong time.

Thanks and looking forward to it

7. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior member

never mind. Just shipped

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013

8. QbertEnhanced

QbertEnhanced Member

Just want to say I'm very pleased with the quality of the shirts. The cotton is excellent, comparable to my other high end shirts. The fit is slim as described, but not overly so. All in a great shirt, and at this price a great value as well.

9. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Just placed my order for the charcoal trial suit. I plan to do the full MTM process using a mid gray twill. This will be my first high quality suit and my first foray into custom or made-to-measure clothing of any kind. Pretty excited about it!

10. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

Post pics when you get it. We will help you with the fit. Be sure to get Kent's opinion too.

11. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Absolutely! I have a pretty good idea of proper suit fit, but I plan to utilize the collective expertise of Kent as well as SF members to the fullest extent possible.

12. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Kent is mightily impressive with recs based on (in my case, crappy) photos.

13. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Good to hear it! That seems to echo the sentiments of many other satisfied MTM suit owners in this thread.

14. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Here is my KW MTM suit in action. I took a dozen pics in my office but this one is about as good as it gets cause the lighting in my office sux and my timer is short. Maybe I need to fire my photographer. But it's something to look at since people are requesting pictures.

I chose soft shoulders, standard lapels, double vents, working button holes, limited pick stitching, 1.5" pant cuff. Overall I'm pleased. For my next order I'll probably take out the jacket waist a little, add another cm or so to length, and make a small tweak to the collar height.

[​IMG]

15. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

I think it looks good! Although, it looks like you are tensing up your shoulders. Before I even finished reading your report I was thinking exactly what you were. Bring the waist out 1cm and lengthen the jacket 1cm.

It's definitely a great wearable suit right now, that's just what I would recommend. Also, if you were wearing that jacket without a tie it wouldn't be as tight.