Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

International shipping for a suit is only $26 with USPS first class. You'll have to pay for that three times (back and forth for the trial suit, and once for the final suit). Factor that in and it'll still be cheaper than alterations, and certainly cheaper than any other equivalent quality suit.

2. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Please start making a size 48 jacket. Thanks

3. kasakka

kasakka Senior member

Some of the Spring/Summer '13 fabrics look fantastic.

However, how much can be altered on your jackets? For example I would like a low buttoning point where the top button sits somewhere between the two buttons on the current design and a slightly lower gorge as well. Is this possible?

4. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

Button stance can be lowered. I did it on both of my MTM suits, which I have photos of on this thread.

5. PTMDallas

PTMDallas Member

For what it's worth, I feel like the standard suit length is already pretty short. I had my MTM suit shortened an inch based off the measurements on Kent's site and my favorite suit and I probably won't have it shortened the next time around. I think it'd be worthwhile to try out the trial suit.

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

+1 on this. I needed a long, so I had to lower the button stance pretty significantly on my MTM compared to the trial suit

7. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Bumping with this for obvious reasons:

[​IMG]

I used to hype Rubinacci's pochettes, but Wang really stole the limelight with these classic classics.

8. Kent Wang

New swatch books

I'm working on photographing all the swatches individually and then importing them to the website, but this may take a few months. In the meantime, have a look at these photos. We can mail you swatches when you order the trial suit. You can return the swatches together with the trial suit.

Ariston Four Seasons 1
    Ariston Four Seasons 2
    Zegna Spring/Summer
    Spring/Summer 1
    Spring/Summer 2
    Spring/Summer 3
    Spring/Summer 4
    Jacketing & Trousers
    Gladson Cotton Linen
    Gladson Luxury 4
    Gladson Luxury 5
    Gladson Luxury 6

I'll have a 46 with 40 trousers in about a month.
    Buttoning point can be adjusted, but gorge cannot. The gorge is pretty much the only major thing that cannot be adjusted.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  9. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

10. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior member

Kent do you offer short sizes in your MTM program? I'm a perfect fit in the RLBL Anthony OTR in 38 short, so it looks like if you offered that size I could probably skip the trial suit.

11. YourArsenal

YourArsenal Well-Known Member

Anyone wanna educate me on the Zegna Cool Effect fabrics? Are they strictly a summer fabric, or do they work OK in colder temperatures as well? I remember reading about it on PG's blog way back, and from my understanding, the reason they stay cool is some kind of treatment that makes it reflect sunlight – which again leads me to believe that it wouldn't necessarily feel cold in lower temperatures?

12. david123

david123 Senior member

Hi Kent,

Just to confirm, you'll have a trial suit to try on and the swatch books at the NY event, right? Your spring/summer book looks awesome by the way.

13. Kent Wang

Yes, that's how it works. So keep in mind that it only works if you're in sunlight. It doesn't work in shade, indoors, or against humidity.

My general advice is to get more spring/summer weight suits. When winter comes, just add more layers.

Yes, there will be a full range of trial suits, shirts, polos and suit swatches at the New York trunk show.

We only carry the trial suit in regular lengths. To stock short and long lengths would require much more inventory. For a MTM order, it's very easy to adjust the length.

14. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior member

Roger that and thank you!

15. 13g411

13g411 Member

[​IMG]

I wanted to ask in this thread what you think about my shoulder measurements. Since this photo was taken, I've lost about two pounds so the waist is no longer tight, rather a bit roomy but the shoulder's the same. I can't really decide, they feel good and the movement is fine but I keep thinking I could have gone for maybe 1 cm wider, or this is what I'm asking this thread for.

Kind regards,