1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

Kent - Great looking shoes, any close ups?

2. Wade

Wade Senior member

the dub monks didn't look that good on the site pics to me but that pic sold me.

Hopefully restock is coming soon

3. kasakka

kasakka Senior member

I'm no tailor, but I'd probably have just a tiny bit narrower shoulders, lower buttoning point and the waist let out a bit (might be fixed by lowering the buttoning point - now it's almost at your diaphragm). Slightly shorter sleeves. Trousers need to be wider at the hip judging by how much the pockets bow out.

4. kmitch101

kmitch101 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I think the pictures being taken at a slight downward angle distorts the view a bit. The button stance should be lowered but its probably not as high as it seems in the picture. So far after one email with Kent, the following are possible alterations. Numbers in cm.

Jacket
    -3 sleeve
    +4 waist
    -1.5 button stance
    -1.5 jacket length
    -2 angle of right shoulder
    Adjust sleeve angle backward
    -1 armhole

Trousers
    +2.5 waist
    +2.5 seat
    +2 rise
    +1 thigh

5. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

WOAH! Some of these look very exciting.

6. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

I have a year-round wool navy blazer and a linen navy blazer. If I were to go the medium or glen plaid, what would be your recommendation there? I have a general idea my next suit should be a medium-to-light gray of some kind, preferably 3/4 season weight if possible.

7. McFIsh

McFIsh Member

Charcol RTW suit, navy pindot and navy grenadine ordered.

Looking to send the RTW back and get a navy MTM at this stage. I'll post photos when the RTW and then MTM arrive.

8. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

I don't think you'll be happy with how the -2 angle of right shoulder ends up... but that's up to you of course.

9. kmitch101

Can you expand on that? I'm not entirely clear on what it will do. I'm assuming it somehow evens out the shoulders by 'lifting' the right shoulder since that side slopes more.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  10. Superfluous

I believe it will heavily pad the one shoulder in attempt to even them out. However, unless done very well and measured to the right amount, it likely will just look weirder than if you left it the same or less padded. PM me more about it if you'd like.

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

We don't add padding to even out the shoulders, which rarely turns out well. We change the angle of the shoulder to match the slope of your shoulders. It's not going to make you look even but it will prevent the pulling caused by the jacket not laying on your true shoulder line.

12. Superfluous

Then this must be different than what I'm referring to, and if the actual measurement is called "angle of shoulder," then I'm guessing you are correct. You should listen to Kent as it is his product. However, I do believe there is an option to change shoulder padding height, which I wouldn't recommend having done. Regardless, this does not appear to be in your plans and if it were, it's something for Kent to address. Sorry for jumping in. Carry on!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  13. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

Kent Wang has some great clothes but I am really looking for someone who can rap about Belgian Trappist monks. The search continues...

2 people like this.
  14. kmitch101

Thanks for the clarification from both of you. I'm glad to hear that additional padding is not the method used.

15. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

about to order the rtw charcoal suit and am thinking about ordering a tie also as this will be my wedding suit, either the glen plaid or the houndstooth. which tie width do you guys suggest for the rtw suit? or are they close enough so it's more up to personal preference? really want the houndstooth but it's only available in slim.

related: kent, any plans to restock the standard width houndstooth?

16. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

That's really matchy matchy, with the charcoal and same color tie. Try something different. Depending on the shirt (assuming not white, maybe blue?) you could try a grenadine to give it some texture.

I would say go with a bi-color knit. I LOVE them. But that's just me.

[​IMG]

17. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

B/W Glen Plaid is a classic wedding tie, and will look fine with a charcoal suit. A bit monochromatic, sure, but it's a wedding, and thus quite formal. I wouldn't sweat it.

Definitely don't wear a knit tie to your wedding.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  18. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

+1 to all this. Don't listen to anyone trying to talk you out of being matchy-matchy (and a suggestion for a BLUE shirt? dont do that). This is your wedding, not a photo-op for the WAYWRN thread. Charcoal suit, white shirt, and either silver glen plaid or B/W houndstooth tie is a classic look. I wore a KW shepherd's check tie to my wedding.

19. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

There are navy versions of wedding ties out there too, though I don't know if Kent has them.

20. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Definitely. I wore the same tie to my wedding, and it remains one of my favorite ties, though in hindsight I wish I had gone for the 3.5" rather than the 3".

Blue shirts are great, but I wouldn't wear one to your wedding. The bias against white shirts on this forum is primarily a bias against *always* wearing a white shirt, and in that respect, it's well founded. A wedding however is exactly the kind of occasion where you should be wearing a white shirt.