• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kenneth Cole Suit Seperates...Help NEWB

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum, and the Kenneth Cole store nearby is having a major sale. I don't know much about the quality of KC but the price is a major concern. I feel like its too cheap to be good.

I would wear the suit 1-2 time a week. I am looking at the suit separates (60% wool) $198 for the Jacket and $98 for the pants. 40% off the total. How does this quality line up against other suits?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dieselman89
I am new to this forum, and the Kenneth Cole store nearby is having a major sale. I don't know much about the quality of KC but the price is a major concern. I feel like its too cheap to be good.

Your instincts serve you well.

saiyar1

Reaction score
Don't. Kenneth Cole is no better, in general, than any other department store brand. Just do yourself a favor and never buy a suit that is not 100% wool.

You can actually get a 100% wool Lauren by Ralph Lauren, etc or anything with the same quality construction for ~$200 new at TJ Maxx/A.J. Wright/Marshalls/Burlington Coat Factory (if price is a severe concern). Just look a solid color navy blue or charcoal grey solid or VERY subtle stripe. Not black, that's more of an evening out suit.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I had a feeling it was too good to be true. I've made the mistake of buying a suit that is less than 90% wool in the past and its risky.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Run away as fast as you can!!! Now seriously I'd stay away of anything that's not 100% wool (or any natural fiber for that matter)

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, linen suits can be very elegant for warm weather wear (although I don't own any).

haiguise

Reaction score
dude... you should GET IT...

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads