• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keeping gym clothes clean?

Great Satchmo

Reaction score
For those of us that don't have 5-7 pairs of everything we wear to the gym, what do you do to keep it clean?

I've either gone stinky or washed mid-week, which is a pain as I'm usually busy during the week.

Anyone have luck showering with things to clean them? Does Febreeze and hanging work? Any other ideas?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wash your gym clothes as soon as you come home from the gym. Ideally, within an hour of working out.

Great Satchmo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Wash your gym clothes as soon as you come home from the gym. Ideally, within an hour of working out.

I don't have that kind of access to a washing machine.

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends what you wear to the gym. I always just wear an undershirt or old t-shirt (so i just throw it in laundry) and some nylon athletic shorts (I only have a few pairs, but they dry in like 10 minutes because they are nylon, so if necessary I can just wash in sink)

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Great Satchmo
For those of us that don't have 5-7 pairs of everything we wear to the gym, what do you do to keep it clean?

I've either gone stinky or washed mid-week, which is a pain as I'm usually busy during the week.

Anyone have luck showering with things to clean them? Does Febreeze and hanging work? Any other ideas?

step 1. go to Target step 2. purchase 5-7 pairs of the cheapest shorts, socks and t-shirts that they have in a discount bin step 3. prosper.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Great Satchmo

$11.15 for a pair of shorts: http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Rugby...=26B8EUNSBLQ56

$8.07 for a shirt: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010EI1H4

Spend $25 or have amazon prime and you get free shipping.

Alternatively, hand wash your clothes in your sink with very hot water and hang dry.
http://www.wikihow.com/Wash-Clothes-by-Hand

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
silica gel packets in your gymbag

coop86

Reaction score
Wear a fresh undershirt each time and Febreeze pants before getting in the shower after the gym, hang, and Febreeze again right before leaving for the gym again...

creezy

Reaction score
What I wear to the gym is a jersey and mesh shorts. After I'm done, I take the jersey in the shower with me and give it some soap and water, squeeze it all out, then hang it up. It works.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coop86
Wear a fresh undershirt each time and Febreeze pants before getting in the shower after the gym, hang, and Febreeze again right before leaving for the gym again...

1. Buy polyester workout shirts and shorts.
2. Handwash as soon as you get home - it takes a minute.
3. Hang to dry - they'll be ready for the day after tomorrow.

hastur

Reaction score
buy 5-7 pairs $10 champion shorts at target, i've got a laundry basket full of em.
Originally Posted by lynnyy
I think you should wash your clothes immediately when you back home. I will feel uncomfortable if leave the dirty clothes alone.
not necessary but you do need to hang them up if they're really sweaty to let them dry, then you can toss em in a laundry basket and forget about them until they need to be washed

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
1. Buy polyester workout shirts and shorts.
2. Handwash as soon as you get home - it takes a minute.
3. Hang to dry - they'll be ready for the day after tomorrow.

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads