• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

"Keep away from fire" tag on wool sweater

Casaubon

Reaction score
Hi all,
After having had a satisfactory experience with Bexley shoes, I decided to try out a few other things from their inventory, including a "pure 100%" lambswool sweater. Although the sweater itself is very fine to the touch, I was surprised to see a "Keep away from fire" tag, which until now I have mostly seen on children's clothing, rarely on something else, and never on a men's 100% wool sweater. From what I've read elsewhere, the tag is obligatory for children's clothing that hasn't been treated with fire-retardant chemicals, independent of the composition. But in any case, wool in general should not be prone to combustion or to accellerate burning. Is this a French thing, seeing how the brand is from France? Or is the 100% wool tag fake? Looking forward to reading your experiences on this issue.

Casaubon

Reaction score
Hey, and you know, I try to follow it most of the time... But I mostly managed without the tags reminding me.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.