• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

KC black label?

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't know the facts, but chances are that the answer to your question is NO.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beansprouts1
is kenneth cole black label any improvement over the normal crappy kenneth cole? i was going to get some 350$ boots for 90. worth it? thanks!

Might fly better if you were planning on throwing them at a public figure. Otherwise, no.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
is kenneth cole black label any improvement over the normal crappy kenneth cole? i was going to get some 350$ boots for 90. worth it? thanks!

Can you post a picture of the boots so we can judge them on aesthetic value? If you can afford the $90 pretty easily, it wouldn't be a huge amount to commit even if they didn't last a particularly long time (I have no experience with KC Black Label whatsoever, so I'm saying that hypothetically).

Plus, then you can come and report back to us how they hold up and we'll have learned something. Sometimes I think that even if one of the more SF stigmatized brands changed their ways and started putting out excellent products, we'd probably never know it.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
The boots in particular don't look that bad. If they were cheap and I wanted something of that style for occasional wear, I might try them.

I have a pair of chukkas from Gordon Rush that I bought under similar circumstancs, and they've been fine. I wouldn't risk a lot of money on a brand of dubious general quality, but if they look good and are really cheap, I'd be inclined to go for it and hope for the best.

beansprouts1

Reaction score
the boots just came in, they look decent, something to wear in the cold and snow back home. I'm a total newb when it comes to shoe construction, how do I tell if the shoe is glued, blake stitched or welted? I can take pictures if any experts are interested

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the boots just came in, they look decent, something to wear in the cold and snow back home. I'm a total newb when it comes to shoe construction, how do I tell if the shoe is glued, blake stitched or welted? I can take pictures if any experts are interested

take a quick look around the shoe...if it has the letters "KC" or "Kenneth Cole" on it, then it's glued.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sure, a little italian man took some glue, with his hand, and glued that sonbitch together.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
sure, a little italian man took some glue, with his hand, and glued that sonbitch together.

yeah, like Donald J Pliner shoes.... "made in the mountains of Italy"

"Italian shoes from the mountains"

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 131 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 246 32.5%
  • 21 - 30