• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Karl lagerfeld

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just saw Karl Lagerfeld on the street... What a bizzare looking guy. He looked like an Alien or something.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I saw pictures of him recently in Vanity Fair. Is he still as stick-thin as he appeared in the magazine?

Bradford

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my theory (based on what gossip i've read) is that he is smitten with hedi slimane and thus lost all that weight to fit into as thin jeans as hedi can, thus resulting in his bizarro look

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where was this?

Also I personally think that Karl lagefeld's style is rather nice. The high collars are a quite a nice personal touch. From what I read it seems that he buys out the whole Slimane collections every year.

MPS

Reaction score
Apparently he's mad on Hilditch & Key shirts, but don't let this put you off them: they really are very nice.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just ran into mr. t in an elevator. seriously, a couple of hours ago. he is very nice and kind of hyper, like on t.v.
biggrin.gif

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's stick thin, but most notably... TALL. He's got to be at least 6'3" if not more.

He was dressed pretty cool actually; slim black suit, with some sort of chain as a belt, white shirt with an absurdly high collar, and weird dark shades. Strange considering it was raining here (NYC).

I don't know what to make of his hair. It's like on of those silver aristocratic wigs you see from the 18th century, but real... maybe??

How old is this guy anyway?

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's 65. Was he wearing a skinny tie, with a collar pin?

my theory (based on what gossip i've read) is that he is smitten with hedi slimane and thus lost all that weight to fit into as thin jeans as hedi can, thus resulting in his bizarro look

Yup, that's true. I've got an interview with Lagerfeld in front of me, where he discusses his new diet book:

"One morning I woke up and found that I wasn't happy with my physique anymore. I hadn't been unhappy with my weight... but suddenly I wanted to dress differently. I wanted to wear menswear by Hedi Slimane. But to wear these styles... I needed to lose at least 40 kilos."

Yikes. If I lost 40 kilos, I'd very nearly cease to exist...

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's 65. Was he wearing a skinny tie, with a collar pin?

I wanted to wear menswear by Hedi Slimane. But to wear these styles... I needed to lose at least 40 kilos."
Yes, he was wearing a skinny tie, with a collar pin.

Wow, some people need to lose weight to wear Hedi Slimane... I need to get a job to wear that stuff...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads