• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost forgot. A note for anyone travelling to / in Japan: as I discovered a couple of weeks ago, the Kapital store in Kobe (which was really good), has closed, and the Kapital store in Osaka is a couple of small sections of the Hankyu department store which while well-stocked for their size, don't have everything. There is still a store in Okayama, for those travelling there for the denim. But basically, if you want Kapital, it's Tokyo you have to go to...

There is always the Kyoto one and the Nagoya one. I don't mind heading to the Okayama stores as they are basically one stop shops. I really hope I can get the new Mexican tuxedo bone westerner when I head out there.

Also does anyone know what the fit of the okabilly's are? I met get a whole Mexican Tux set up if it ain't too skinny.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 36-37" chest and I am definitely a 3 for kakashi.

Hmm, I'm eyeing one up right now. I'm a 40" chest, 5'8", 155 lbs and assumed I'd be a 3. Maybe I need a 4? I'm a standard US medium.

maregmareg

Reaction score
It may depend on a fabric, I got a denim one and size 3 is perfect for me - I'm 6'0 and 165 lbs. Works well over a tee, shirt and even on surf Kapital hoodie.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
It may depend on a fabric, I got a denim one and size 3 is perfect for me - I'm 6'0 and 165 lbs. Works well over a tee, shirt and even on surf Kapital hoodie.

Not really... the kakashi shirts all fit pretty much the same. SURF hoodies are form fitting for layering so yeah that makes sense, but any other clothes you might try to layer with that are not Kapital might be a challenge. The arm holes are also fairly narrow as well.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Not really... the kakashi shirts all fit pretty much the same. SURF hoodies are form fitting for layering so yeah that makes sense, but any other clothes you might try to layer with that are not Kapital might be a challenge. The arm holes are also fairly narrow as well.
alright, that makes perfect sense then

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
There is always the Kyoto one and the Nagoya one. I don't mind heading to the Okayama stores as they are basically one stop shops. I really hope I can get the new Mexican tuxedo bone westerner when I head out there.

Also does anyone know what the fit of the okabilly's are? I met get a whole Mexican Tux set up if it ain't too skinny.

Okabilly is a high rise tapered fit. Not a lot of people wear them... They are a hard fit to size without trying on. If you have a butt and or longer legs they will be awkward as hell.

The Osaka stores have the largest selection of pants of any of the Kapital stores, with exception to the "Legs" store in Ebisu. You can always have them pull stuff from other stores if they don't have stock at the one you are visiting(if they have stock).

maregmareg

Reaction score
Still on the fence about proxying a Sloppy Shirt, any opinions on those?
Which ones are the most wearable? Due to very oversized silhouette and long length I'm afraid it will be too "extreme". I love those on pics but how they are in day to day use?

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Still on the fence about proxying a Sloppy Shirt, any opinions on those?
Which ones are the most wearable? Due to very oversized silhouette and long length I'm afraid it will be too "extreme". I love those on pics but how they are in day to day use?

Not worth a proxy TBH. If you can scoop one used maybe try that. I have owned a few and ended up selling them and just bought old XXL sized shirts on eBay.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Not worth a proxy TBH. If you can scoop one used maybe try that. I have owned a few and ended up selling them and just bought old XXL sized shirts on eBay.
I'll try my luck on yjp auctions then, thanks.
Are those shirts common in Kapital physical stores? I'll be visiting Japan in March so might try them on.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
I'll try my luck on yjp auctions then, thanks.
Are those shirts common in Kapital physical stores? I'll be visiting Japan in March so might try them on.

Yeah they should probably be around... definitely the denim ones, and oxford or HBT at least. At the Osaka store we have had them on the floor every season since they started making them.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Yeah they should probably be around... definitely the denim ones, and oxford or HBT at least. At the Osaka store we have had them on the floor every season since they started making them.
cool, might just wait until March then as I'm really not sure if I'll end up liking this piece

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are the actual measurements for kakashi from the Kapital website.

Size / Length / Shoulder / Chest (around) Width / Hem / Sleeve / Cuff / Neck
size268cm45cm100cm57cm104cm61cm15cm162cm
size370cm47cm103cm59cm108cm63cm15.5cm167cm
size472cm49cm106cm61cm112cm65cm16cm171cm

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the Kapital Mexican tux set up, hope I sized correctly for the pants. I just went with my usual size in their pants, worse comes to worse, I'll get it adjusted since they didn't have any smaller sizes online. Hiroshima needs a Kapital store I feel.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
I bought the Kapital Mexican tux set up, hope I sized correctly for the pants. I just went with my usual size in their pants, worse comes to worse, I'll get it adjusted since they didn't have any smaller sizes online. Hiroshima needs a Kapital store I feel.

They had a store there and closed it. The only runway show they have ever done was at the Hiroshima store after they shut it down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads