• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

mhtcjt37

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Tokyo store still has the Damask fleeces in stock? I have a friend in town but don’t want to send her over there to get one if they’re sold out.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Tokyo store still has the Damask fleeces in stock? I have a friend in town but don’t want to send her over there to get one if they’re sold out.

They did have the usual couple on the racks in Ebisu earlier this week, but I couldn't tell you what range of sizes they have in the storeroom. And don't forget the other stores at Roppongi Hills and in Ginza if there aren't any there. I haven't been to either so I don't know what they have. You could always call them (or ask a Japanese person to help you!).

Phullyman

Reaction score
What is this style of hoodie called? I'm a fan of the buttons.

Alexidb

Reaction score
I’m thinking of waxing my canvas ring coat, am I stupid?

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of waxing my canvas ring coat, am I stupid?
Have you done this before with other garments? I'd imagine it will take a ton of wax, and depending on what method you use, be time consuming and messy. I'd also worry if it's the cotton/denim ones that it would permeate the fabric (as it is supposed to) and affect the inside clothing as there's no lining.

Alexidb

Reaction score
I’ve done this to a Carhartt jacket and some Patagonia trousers. A bunch of Filson stuff is unlined. It would probably take 3 tins of Barbour wax.

I’m tempted to try the Fjallraven wax.

Have you done this before with other garments? I'd imagine it will take a ton of wax, and depending on what method you use, be time consuming and messy. I'd also worry if it's the cotton/denim ones that it would permeate the fabric (as it is supposed to) and affect the inside clothing as there's no lining.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm bummed my local shop sold out of the denim ring coat before I had a change to even try it on. Now I dont know what size I'd be

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that is a bit tough as you're a bit on the shorter and stocky range. Ring coats in general have a great deal of body leeway to them, but where most people get in trouble is the length, and sleeve length especially. A 1 will fit a sleeve length probably to a guy of average build to 5'9"ish, a size 2 (which is what I wear) for taller guys. I'd wager you're a medium in US sizing, and you could probably fit a 1 if you wanted to, which would give you a less oversized body silhouette but good sleeve length. A 2 would likely be pretty long in the sleeves and a touch longer in the body, but give you more of an oversized drape.

I'd wager you would do better in a size 1, which would still probably be a ways away from being "fitted" on you, while having better sleeve and body length. Sorry, thought it was going to be simpler, but that's the best guess I have. Someone a number of pages ago also posted a ring coat quick size post, which would be good to take a glance at as well.

Will say that someone your size approximately also has a size 2. You can see what I mean about the sleeves, though not necessarily a big deal if you want to flip your cuffs back.

Last edited:

Phullyman

Reaction score
I have a size 2 and I'm 6' 180. The sleeves are perfect on me and the length ends around my butt. And the body silhouette is a big oversized.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Also take note that Denim Ring Coat is slightly longer in body than other fabrics Ring Coats. Sleeve length is the same though

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost forgot. A note for anyone travelling to / in Japan: as I discovered a couple of weeks ago, the Kapital store in Kobe (which was really good), has closed, and the Kapital store in Osaka is a couple of small sections of the Hankyu department store which while well-stocked for their size, don't have everything. There is still a store in Okayama, for those travelling there for the denim. But basically, if you want Kapital, it's Tokyo you have to go to...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads