• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ring Jacket update!

I’m a 40 suit size and this Melton wool jacket in size 2 is very accommodating. Love it for 4-5c weather like today with a sweater and an undershirt. I think this would be comfortable in -2 to -4c if I had a thicker wool sweater underneath and a henley crewneck. I cuffed the sleeves so I don’t look like a child.

Any wind/rain/both in the equation, or further drop of the mercury in the double digits and I’d be miserable.

I’d recommend as a staple autumn or spring outerwear if anyone was on the fence

182275FE-349A-49AE-BA73-08171FDEEBD0.jpeg
4FA1A510-E426-4648-8E05-F1CE972AD8C3.jpeg

KillaCam628

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger on a Keel Vest after about a year of debate. Can't wait to wear it once the weather gets colder!

X1ICdYs.jpg

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Looks great! Where did you get it from? I'm still rueing not purchasing the leather one with tassels in Tokyo a few years ago.

KillaCam628

Reaction score
I found it on grailed actually. I really wanted the either the orange or blue but they were both sold out in size 3 on Kapital's site. Lucked out and found this one for a pretty good price (under JP retail :slayer:). That one with the tassels is so sick tho!

GunwashAce

Reaction score
Anyone have a line on a size 2 black cotton ring coat?

Poncho and lefty have a size 3, but i think it'll be too baggy. I'm 5-11" 175" with broad shoulders. I like a more fitted look, silly thing to say for this kinda garment, I know. I also run hot, so a wool version seems like it'll get less wear. Contemplating some size 1's on grailed, but worried about sleeve length. In NYC if anyone know of any retialers with other versions I could go and try on.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a line on a size 2 black cotton ring coat?

Poncho and lefty have a size 3, but i think it'll be too baggy. I'm 5-11" 175" with broad shoulders. I like a more fitted look, silly thing to say for this kinda garment, I know. I also run hot, so a wool version seems like it'll get less wear. Contemplating some size 1's on grailed, but worried about sleeve length. In NYC if anyone know of any retialers with other versions I could go and try on.

I don't have a size 2 black, but just some input as I'm about your height but 145 lbs. I have a size 2 denim ring coat and a size 1 khaki ring coat. I like both, but the 1 on me is oversized in a "kapital fitted" sort of way. I prefer the size 2 personally. On you, I'd imagine a 1 would be fitted for real, in a bad way. The sleeves are almost too short for me on the 1. Best to stick w/ 2 or 3 IMHO.

GunwashAce

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'm pretty set on a size 2. Might grab one from the mother site and dye it black.

GunwashAce

Reaction score
Went over to Blue in Green last night to try on a size 1 alpine ring coat (light yellow), and I gotta say the fit was pretty spot on. The sleeves hit right at my wrist and rode up only a touch when I raised my arms or bent down, but nothing crazy. As someone who doesn't love super oversized garments I think i'll continue my hunt for a darker version of the jacket in a size 1. Pic's when I land one. I guess it just goes to show that 5'11"-175lbs body types can vary a lot.

EDIT: Question: Do they make women specific ring coats? I foudn a site that has a black size 1, but it says it's for women. I'm thinking they don't and because it's on the smaller end, they labled it women. Thoughts?

Last edited:

auto-bite

Reaction score
27579790_2009683532639926_7332200436373389312_n.jpg

It's an amazing piece for colder days. Got lots of compliments and comments on mine though I sold it when I moved to LA. I'm 5' 8" for reference

Hey whats the sizing like on those Kapital Smiley Boots? A friend of mine is going to help me pick up a pair of the black leather in Japan but struggling with which size to get. I normally wear a 8 in sneakers and 7.5 in boots. looks like I would be a size 2 when I look on their site and google size converters from japan to US. Appreciate any info.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads