• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

speaknoevil

Reaction score
hmmm I have a copy, but I like it too much to get rid of it ?

DSC_0090_25.jpg

DSC_0093_25.jpg

Arabit

Reaction score
So sorry was busy and forgot about this. I'd say this is more of a Fall / light winter jacket. I am 5'11 and have a size 1 in a ring coat that fits a bit small on me. I'd say it is medium thickness for the lining, it can surprisingly retain heat well. I'll get a fit pic in when I can

maregmareg

Reaction score
Just received my 3rd Ring Coat - Khaki Katsuragi cotton one from Kafka.
The two remaining ones are Denim and Navy Melton Wool - both are my most often worn jackets.
More will come some time I guess, hands down my favourite piece of clothing ever made.

Attachments

• 146A3FD5-2B43-4633-88CA-3432383C5398.jpeg
    146A3FD5-2B43-4633-88CA-3432383C5398.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 232

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
would a ring coat look dumb with a hoodie? was gonna kop a champion reverse weave joint as it's getting really cold here, but need to keep in mind how things pair togather since I'm limited to space here. I mostly keep my ring coat in shawl collar as the oversized hood is a bit too attention grabbing.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nah bro. wear it whatever way you want. I don't put on the giant hood either mostly cuz I can't see out of it. Sometimes i put it on and put my arms out walking around like a zombie to be funny and it always gets a couple laughs. especially from children

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question, there is a beautiful kapital Kountry climber edition denim ring coat on grailed I want. The measurements all seem great but the size is a 2, where as I assumed I would be 3. Should I follow the guys measurements or stick to the number? I'm 6'2 at 160 and I have a slim body, long legs, shortish torso.

here is the link just in case,

pgrim91

Reaction score
Question, there is a beautiful kapital Kountry climber edition denim ring coat on grailed I want. The measurements all seem great but the size is a 2, where as I assumed I would be 3. Should I follow the guys measurements or stick to the number? I'm 6'2 at 160 and I have a slim body, long legs, shortish torso.

here is the link just in case,

That looks remarkably similar to my denim ring coat. I have a size 1 and it fits great on my 5'5" frame. Unless you have unusually long arms or torso, I think any size ring coat will fit you. I have had multiple ring coats in sizes from 1 to 3, and they all fit like they were supposed to, just with a little more or less drape. I feel like the consensus around here is that, despite the number sizes, they are one-size-fits-most, so if the measurements sound good, then I say just go for it.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heck yeah, now I feel good about it. As per usual I shouldnt be buying anything but I saw it and know it would look dope. Plus its been cold as hell in Chicago's for June.

pgrim91

Reaction score
Heck yeah, now I feel good about it. As per usual I shouldnt be buying anything but I saw it and know it would look dope. Plus its been cold as hell in Chicago's for June.
For the real cold season in Chicago, Kapital makes a Melton wool ring coat that is really nice. Independence usually gets a few of them in the fall if you want to check it out.

mattw

Reaction score
For the real cold season in Chicago, Kapital makes a Melton wool ring coat that is really nice. Independence usually gets a few of them in the fall if you want to check it out.

I wore one here this past winter. FWIW the wool is a touch lighter weight than a typical winter coat, so be prepared to layer up, but I thought it was really effective with a sweater underneath. The shawl neck is really nice to have.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Melton wool Ring Coat, and layering is a must if it's cold and windy. I once wore it walking down the busy Toronto streets in -5 degree Celsius weather with the wind chill factored in, with only an undershirt and a pullover. That was not a fun experience as the freezing winds easily cut through the coat.

I haven't tried it when it hits -15 to -20, as I reach for my Bumfreezer when it's that cold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads