• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

maregmareg

Reaction score
I feel like buying my 3rd ring coat - katsuragi cotton is more like spring or fall weight fabric?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah the tees and socks are good. I wish blue in green stocked more tees. The socks end up being so expensive once they hit America that it's a bit silly.

thems were $30 in japan. just gotta fly out there :)

maregmareg

Reaction score
@maregmareg do you have any in that longer length?
nah, I just have regular length melton wool, and denim ones - but the denim one is a slight bit longer than wool one, maybe it's just how the fabric drapes. My favourite piece of clothing of all time btw.
Thinking about katsuragi cotton one in the same length but would love to hear some details about the fabric.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of Ring Coat.. anyone tried out how they take the rain? The cotton versions.. I have my trusty Barbour coat with hood, but I'm traveling and would like to downsize to one coat. I like the Ring coat way better, but damn can the Barbour take a downpour. Not like I hangout in the rain often, but I sometimes have to walk 15 minutes through a shower dodging under buildings.

Screenshot 2019-05-17 at 2.17.56 AM.png

maregmareg

Reaction score
Speaking of Ring Coat.. anyone tried out how they take the rain? The cotton versions.. I have my trusty Barbour coat with hood, but I'm traveling and would like to downsize to one coat. I like the Ring coat way better, but damn can the Barbour take a downpour. Not like I hangout in the rain often, but I sometimes have to walk 15 minutes through a shower dodging under buildings.

View attachment 1177080
I remember there were some oil cloth ring coats back in the day, so my bet is that maybe those would have some level of water resistancy? Might be a struggle to find one though.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Coldsnap Japan: exactly.

cotton Ring Coat in rain: I don't think you're going to get much performance out of it. I mean if it's not raining on you for long, OK, it will separate you from the rain while it absorbs water. but that's it. I'd say, you're traveling, bring the gear that does the job.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kapital is new to me. What do I have here?

2EDA30C9-B5C5-449C-809A-9572842725D6.jpeg

D2CEBBE5-BF3E-4EBE-A80A-3CC62A33713E.jpeg

Reactions: Gus

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, that's a nice jacket. There's various colors of that jacket around.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey, guys, looking into getting a ring coat and had some questions:

- at 5'8, ~130, i'm assuming i'm a size 0? or would i maybe be a 1 (since japanese brands sometimes run small)?

- is buying from kapital's web shop directly (through something like zenmarket) the cheapest way to go about getting one?

- i can't decide between either ripstop or katsuragi cotton (both in khaki) - do you guys have any suggestions?

leaning towards the katsuragi, but am i missing something with the ripstop? or is it just complete personal preference?

- so these are both listed as "khaki" (top ripstop, bottom katsuragi), but the colors are completely different:

K1809LJ030_1.jpg

EK446_KHA.jpg

is this just due to lighting, or is that how they really look in person (will probably go with the katsuragi if the latter)?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5'7" 160lbs and the guy at Kapital guided me to a size 3. I was thinking size 2, but real glad I had the chance to try on in store.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Are you guys talking about katsuragi cotton version? Is it somehow smaller than other fabrics?
I'm 6'0, 160 lbs, got size 2 in both denim and wool ring coats and both are very loose, with back length right below the butt. Tried size 3 in denim at Kapital store and it was so huge, even for how a ring coat should fit.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Personally would buy from a domestic retailer just for the option to return.

FWIW, I'm 5'10" and a 37" chest. I took a size 2 (and am a size 2 pretty much across the board).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads