• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

npa23

Reaction score
I was in Cotton Sheep last week in San Francisco. So many interesting Kapital items. I don't step to far out of typical fits and styles but this coat I thought was very cool and special. I'm 6'2" and 180 and it seemed too large for me in size 5. But I was tempted. I think had it been a bit more fitted I would have gone for it.

View attachment 1143462

What's the price of this?

maregmareg

Reaction score
Anyone got 14oz one wash denim in Monkey Cisco cut and can share their opinion?

I'm on the fence between them or Orslow 105 in one wash, not sure which one is nicer.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone got 14oz one wash denim in Monkey Cisco cut and can share their opinion?

I'm on the fence between them or Orslow 105 in one wash, not sure which one is nicer.
We had the Monkey Cisco cut a while back, but don't have any in store currently. With that being said, 105/107 are our two highest sellers, I can't recommend the orSlow 105 enough. Especially in the one rinse fabric.

Igasho

Reaction score
@Gus Can you zoom in on the price? I can’t quite make it out, do you remember what it was?

Thnx!

I was in Cotton Sheep last week in San Francisco. So many interesting Kapital items. I don't step to far out of typical fits and styles but this coat I thought was very cool and special. I'm 6'2" and 180 and it seemed too large for me in size 5. But I was tempted. I think had it been a bit more fitted I would have gone for it.

View attachment 1143462

maregmareg

Reaction score
We had the Monkey Cisco cut a while back, but don't have any in store currently. With that being said, 105/107 are our two highest sellers, I can't recommend the orSlow 105 enough. Especially in the one rinse fabric.
Do you recall if the monkey ciscos were nice?

I’m still more keen to getting orslow 105 but I’m super confused by sizing. Some forums say that being 32 waist I should take size 2, but majority of webstores suggest size 3 for this waist.

conqueror

Reaction score
Do you recall if the monkey ciscos were nice?

I’m still more keen to getting orslow 105 but I’m super confused by sizing. Some forums say that being 32 waist I should take size 2, but majority of webstores suggest size 3 for this waist.

i have the 107s in both size 2 and 3 because i put on weight. if you are a legit size 32 then sz 2 will be fine.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went to the Kapital store in Ginza and liked how the ring coat felt so left with that. Feels like wearing a big blanket which is going to be awesome this winter.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Do Century denim westerner jackets also shrink in length during wash, same as jeans?

maregmareg

Reaction score
i have the 107s in both size 2 and 3 because i put on weight. if you are a legit size 32 then sz 2 will be fine.
Went for size 2 in orslow 105 and it's probably the best fitting pair of jeans I had so far. I can button them up, feels super comfy when I'm standing but kinda snug when sitting for a while, how much do they stretch and how long does it take? I guess sizing up to 3 would ruin the fit, size 2 fits way too good.

Also bought Kapital 14oz Monkey Cisco in one wash to compare them to Orslow 105 - Kapital jeans feel stiffer, fabric is almost the same weight, orslow's fabric is a bit more slubby - which is a good thing, Kapital ones are also much darker color, and more contrast stitching. Those kapitals would be nice too but somehow the butt is cut in kinda uncomfy way, it was cutting into ****** while sitting, I don't have this issue with orslow pair.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tr
61920DF9-AA20-4ADC-A482-11C038C403B7.jpeg
ied on my friends Kapital boro western shirt today. He got it in Japan. A bunch of the one-of-a-kind pieces like this never make it to the USA.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The destroyed/repaired Western shirt was great in person in the Kyoto shop when I was there. 700 USD for a shirt is really something tho

maregmareg

Reaction score
I tr View attachment 1174661 ied on my friends Kapital boro western shirt today. He got it in Japan. A bunch of the one-of-a-kind pieces like this never make it to the USA.
Such a beautiful piece.

Btw, USA still got some solid Kapital stockists, just check EU stores and what kind of Kapital stuff they get - I didn’t even know that Kapital makes so many basics lol

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the tees and socks are good. I wish blue in green stocked more tees. The socks end up being so expensive once they hit America that it's a bit silly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics