• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

maregmareg

Reaction score
Any opinions on Kapital Hospital jacket in ripstop? Worth the price?

What size should I get for 6'0 and 161 lbs?

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have the ring coat - love it and wear it daily with almost anything (casual to business casual)
what's the next japanese piece to get? doesn't have to be kapital, just looking for anything "unique" but relatively easy to wear and pair

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any opinions on Kapital Hospital jacket in ripstop? Worth the price?

What size should I get for 6'0 and 161 lbs?

My opinion is that it's very similar to an engineered garments Bedford, and serves the same purpose as a casual outer layer or chore coat equivalent.

Nothing Kapital makes is "worth the price" unless you think it does. Designer items are an affectation. We pay those prices because the items make us happy, not because they are a cost-effective way of not being naked. However, the comparable Bedford by E.G. is priced similarly, if not more expensive, so I'd say for that unstructured short 3 button aesthetic it's "worth the price". You can find a used Bedford for cheaper though.

In regards of size, a size 2 would probably fit you very well in the chest but the lenght will be problematic. A size 3 will likely be a better, although looser, fit overall. You can see a 5'10'' guy here wearing a size 3, and he's rolling the sleves. The jacket will look a bit shorter on you because you are taller, but we can't tell how short without being able to compare your torso lenght to his and we don't have the info for that. https://glasswingshop.com/products/kapital-ripstop-hospital-jacket-navy

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have the ring coat - love it and wear it daily with almost anything (casual to business casual)
what's the next japanese piece to get? doesn't have to be kapital, just looking for anything "unique" but relatively easy to wear and pair

I like the Kakashi shirt/noragi.

maregmareg

Reaction score
@XWT - I wear loose stuff 24/7 so would gravitate towards size 3, however that glasswingshop's pics made me realize that this jacket might not be for me actually. The length in size 3 might be a bit too short for my liking. I think I'll just grab another EG Bedford as you can't go wrong with those.

Thanks for your input.

Reactions: XWT

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kapital designs are so unique and cool. Like, they consistently produce some of the best imagery out there

D480FB9B-5E98-4AEC-9878-8874B43285AC.png

9B79F71F-5534-4400-BED6-08FBF0F077A2.jpeg

DC1CF50C-DF90-4DBF-8F1F-706D7DFC9AE3.jpeg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@d4nimal @peachfuzzmcgee definitely worth checking it out at least once! I chose Fukuoka because the Kyushu region has a beautiful landscape and I knew the crowds would be more manageable.

I hear it’s very crowded in the major cities and the last thing I wanted was to feel anxious about crowds this trip. Fukuoka is full of friendly people and I made a lot of friends at the picnic my hostel hosted over the weekend. It’s a great city with lots of sights in neighboring areas.

We're usually in Japan in April... but this year instead we'll be going in the autumn, which is also great and we'll be there for just over three months instead of one.

Fukuoka is one of my favourite cities in Japan. I really like Kagoshima too, down in the south of Kyushu. It's getting a bit of a reputation as an up-and-coming place to visit and live (and it's certainly better now the Yakuza aren't so stong...)

Igasho

Reaction score
I was in Cotton Sheep last week in San Francisco. So many interesting Kapital items. I don't step to far out of typical fits and styles but this coat I thought was very cool and special. I'm 6'2" and 180 and it seemed too large for me in size 5. But I was tempted. I think had it been a bit more fitted I would have gone for it.

View attachment 1143462

How much was it? Can’t quite make it out from the image. Thnx!

maregmareg

Reaction score
Will be getting a pair of No.7S Century Denim in Monkey Cisco cut on Monday.
Any tips guys? Just wear them or soak first and then wear? Is it a personal preference maybe and I shouldn't care at all?

I'm completely new to this kind of denim since I basically only wear loose fitting fatigue pants 24/7, so any tips will be very appreciated.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
yo! this might be a weird way of showing collections prior to it being photographed and online, but this is how we've been offering early access to shipments before we properly upload them online. any feedback? is this helpful? let me know if I can help out with anything from the collection.

cbusguy

Reaction score
yo! this might be a weird way of showing collections prior to it being photographed and online, but this is how we've been offering early access to shipments before we properly upload them online. any feedback? is this helpful? let me know if I can help out with anything from the collection.

i like it. great way to show new stuff!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads