• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

maregmareg

Reaction score
I've got Ringoman Cargos
fS2lSfK.jpg

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How accurate are the measurements on the Kapital website in your guys' experience? Are they pretty consistent with sizing for individual items?

I've looked up measurements for a particular item on 4 different websites and there is a big difference, 1" shoulder to shoulder and 1.5" pit to pit.

Or if I'm 6'1" 175 lbs and wear a large in most brands would I generally be a 3 in Kapital shirts? Thanks.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How accurate are the measurements on the Kapital website in your guys' experience? Are they pretty consistent with sizing for individual items?

I've looked up measurements for a particular item on 4 different websites and there is a big difference, 1" shoulder to shoulder and 1.5" pit to pit.

Or if I'm 6'1" 175 lbs and wear a large in most brands would I generally be a 3 in Kapital shirts? Thanks.

That is a pretty big difference. FWIW I've not found Kapital to be all that consistent in sizing from item to another item. I'm 5'11" 143 lbs w/ a 37" chest and typically wear a 2 in most Japanese brands. Years ago I bought a Kapital denim peacoat that I had to size up to 4, but otherwise I'm mostly a 2 in Kapital. Their stuff tends to run on the slouchier side anyway - much of it's not meant to be worn slim. If it's something with that aesthetic, I'd err on the larger side if you're on the fence.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there was that time you went on and on about how cool quilts were and you almost bought a horrid jacket made out of a quilt

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
something something something the memories of american families and bygone american eras codified into garments something something there's a blog post in there soemwhere

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the late 80's there was a great outcry against Ralph Lauren when he was sending his female models down the runway in a mix of denim, white cotton and vintage early American quilts cut up and remade into vests, skirts and jackets. The feeling was that he was ruining American historical items by making a quilt into apparel.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own/wear a Kakashi jacket?

I'm enjoying the look and thinking of picking up the denim one for spring/summer. Since I never worn a jacket of this type, I would have liked to have input regarding sizing.

maregmareg

Reaction score

I'm enjoying the look and thinking of picking up the denim one for spring/summer. Since I never worn a jacket of this type, I would have liked to have input regarding sizing.

You mean this kimono-like shirt? I'm 6'0 and got size 3, fit nicely. Got it in light indigo denim fabric, quite lightweight, very versatile.

Reactions: XWT

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean this kimono-like shirt? I'm 6'0 and got size 3, fit nicely. Got it in light indigo denim fabric, quite lightweight, very versatile.

Yep, this exact item.

I'm 5'10'' with a 40 inch chest and I wondered if size 3 or 4 would fit me best.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think size 3 would work best for me, given those informations.

supermang

Reaction score

I have the beach fleece version in a 3 and I love it. Wear it all the time as a casual throw on. I'm 5'10" and have a 38.5" chest, there is def more room to spare

kapital-beach_knit_kakashi_cardigan-67245-6_1.jpg

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got to the Kyoto Kapital store last week while on vacation. All the people who work there seem to be in head to toe Kapital, and the store has all sorts of jackets. My friends were like "what is this how do you wear this." Bought some socks (like $15 a pair if you're in Japan) and almost bought a banana bandana graphic tee. Also cool that the basic denim is like $120. the boro stuff is still $$$$ in Japan. Looks great though.

The socks are cotton (possibly a cotton blend? Packaging didn't say but Unionmade says their kapital socks are a "cotton blend".) thick and textural.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads