• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
yea, the coat looks really good on women too. Josh at Good Art posted this today and I thought it looked really nice

Epicure

Reaction score
This conversation has me wanting to buy a tall version of the Ring Coat in olive... Where (online) might I find one in my size? I typically wear a size 46 jacket (actual chest measurement somewhere between 45 and 46 inches) and I'm 6'3".

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
what's a good hobo cardigan they got out right now?

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's a good hobo cardigan they got out right now?

F0BE0527-88A1-4F59-88DA-08E882ED9C77.png

Reactions: jet

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thanks bro, saw that and while it's coo the peace sign grates my corneas a tad. I don't know maybe I reconsider but we'll see.

Two Shoes

Reaction score
Peace sign kills it, unfortunately. And it's not just one, there are several of them on the sweater.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
i like the other cardigan but that too does something i can't live with, the placket doesn't go straight all the way down unfortunately

fortunate for my wallet though

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like the other cardigan but that too does something i can't live with, the placket doesn't go straight all the way down unfortunately

fortunate for my wallet though

Which one? The tsugihagi Kesa?

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While the kakashi is cool, the kesa is way cooler. I have the ainu kesa which is even bigger and longer than the tsugihagi one and I love it. The overflowing size is part of the charm!

I remember you posting about it at the time. If I had the funds at the time, I would've been sorely tempted to buy it for the design alone.

I can't help but feel that the tsugihagi kesa is a bit too long on me, whereas the 5G wool waffle kesa is shorter and I wear that one more often.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

zer0tails

Reaction score
I'm serious. If you ever want a bandana design or an enamel mug design hit me up. Been one of my dreams to get my hands on an enamel mug I designed!

While the kakashi is cool, the kesa is way cooler. I have the ainu kesa which is even bigger and longer than the tsugihagi one and I love it. The overflowing size is part of the charm!
Would love to see a pic of you wearing the Ainu kesa! I'm debating between the kesa and kakashi. I'm only 5"10 so I'm not sure if I'm too short for it.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should be fine with the Kesa at 5"10. You're tall enough to not be hung up on its length.

(Neither should I, to be honest!)

zer0tails

Reaction score
You should be fine with the Kesa at 5"10. You're tall enough to not be hung up on its length.

(Neither should I, to be honest!)

Appreciate the advice. I tried the kakashi and although beautiful, there's just something about the proportions that make it don't look right. It might be the longer sleeves. I own a kakashi cardigan in the denim and that one looks alright but in the tugihagi i think the kesa looks better. Just gotta find one to try on to see how it looks. It's too bad because the kakashi tugihagi is available locally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads