• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to note for the Kapital bros, I'm in Japan for a while leaving stuff for my move there in September so I'll be coming back with empty luggage to Chicago. If anyone wants me to proxy something let it be known. I'll ship inside the US and I'll charge a small fee.

Not sure if this goes against the rules since this will be a one off thing and I get to shop vicariously! DM if y'all interested.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would anyone that has the kapital damask fleece with the mary on the back want to trade for the version without the mary? I have a size 3, and would want a size 3 or 4! thanks :D

grs

Reaction score
Wanted to note for the Kapital bros, I'm in Japan for a while leaving stuff for my move there in September so I'll be coming back with empty luggage to Chicago. If anyone wants me to proxy something let it be known. I'll ship inside the US and I'll charge a small fee.

Not sure if this goes against the rules since this will be a one off thing and I get to shop vicariously! DM if y'all interested.
If you have the time could you maybe make a post while you are there about one offs or special JP only offerings?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have the time could you maybe make a post while you are there about one offs or special JP only offerings?
That would be interesting to do, but I'm not sure if I'm well versed enough to know. Did any store pick up the flare century denim and lace up type 2 century denim jacket? It's actually more sick than I anticipated and I bought a set in stone lol.

touchthesky

Reaction score
Selling my Kapital century denim no.7s tagged size 32. Never worn. Only rinsed once. Looking for $250 including shipping. Hmu if you’re interested!

Phullyman

Reaction score
Got back from Japan a few weeks ago and ended up picking up this CD no5.s. I visited the Ebisu, Kyoto and Ginza store and ended up getting this in the Ginza store. After tax (unfortunately they didn't do tax free) the pants were $190! I knew I had to pick them up. I got a size 38 despite my waist being 34. These do fit bigger, and I think I could have gone down to a 36, but I like the fullness of the 38. First thing I did when I got home was throw it in the wash and the pants changed a lot. Prewash they felt rigid and kinda flat but after the wash it the denim kinda puckered up and you can feel the slubbiness of it. It did shrink some, but I forgot to get measurements. From a far they look more brown but closer up, especially in the sunlight, they come off more orange. Anyway, enjoy some of the photos below. I'm hoping to go back to Japan in the next few years and hopefully pick up the no 7 or no 9.

IMG_9515.jpeg

Close up inside
IMG_9514.jpeg

Close up in sunlight
IMG_9517.jpeg
IMG_9513.jpeg

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got back from Japan a few weeks ago and ended up picking up this CD no5.s. I visited the Ebisu, Kyoto and Ginza store and ended up getting this in the Ginza store. After tax (unfortunately they didn't do tax free) the pants were $190! I knew I had to pick them up. I got a size 38 despite my waist being 34. These do fit bigger, and I think I could have gone down to a 36, but I like the fullness of the 38. First thing I did when I got home was throw it in the wash and the pants changed a lot. Prewash they felt rigid and kinda flat but after the wash it the denim kinda puckered up and you can feel the slubbiness of it. It did shrink some, but I forgot to get measurements. From a far they look more brown but closer up, especially in the sunlight, they come off more orange. Anyway, enjoy some of the photos below. I'm hoping to go back to Japan in the next few years and hopefully pick up the no 7 or no 9.

View attachment 1973909

Looks great! and $190(!!!)

grs

Reaction score
Looks great! and $190(!!!)
I saw a smoked pair of No 3s for 200 and I thought that was a steal lmaooooo. @Phullyman do they have the flowering? They look great, I am a 36 in them and considering buying 38 and shrinking just to have more buying options online

Conclusive

Reaction score
@shopcanoeclub Just saw your Styleforum interview! It was very informative, and I love the vibe you guys have going on.

It also makes me want to make a pilgrimage out to Colorado just to check out the store in-person. Hopefully I can make it out there at some point in the future.

Phullyman

Reaction score
I saw a smoked pair of No 3s for 200 and I thought that was a steal lmaooooo. @Phullyman do they have the flowering? They look great, I am a 36 in them and considering buying 38 and shrinking just to have more buying options online

Yea it still has the pattern!

I have no issue with the 38. Belt it and it's perfect

grs

Reaction score
Just made a new video with some footage of the SS23 stuff along with a few personal pickups from Kapital

krudsma

Reaction score
After admiring them from afar for a long time, I finally picked up a ring coat (the denim one). Any pro tips on how to wear it, how to manage the hood, etc.? It's definitely the most foreign feeling garment I've worn.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After admiring them from afar for a long time, I finally picked up a ring coat (the denim one). Any pro tips on how to wear it, how to manage the hood, etc.? It's definitely the most foreign feeling garment I've worn.

So I got one a few years back while in Kyoto and love it. I usually button it up kind of like a double breasted blazer if that makes sense. But also sometimes keep it a little more open and button each of the sides down the front to expose the cool stitching and use the waist ties to keep it together.

One thing that slightly annoys me is the bit of structure that pops up the back of the collar - I've been working and usually fold that back in half horizontally (if that makes sense) so the hood falls back farther.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads