• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

wearingjeans

Reaction score
I didn’t pick it up in store myself I got one of my relatives in japan bought it and sent it to me.
If you get a chance, is the fabric composition the same? On my No 9s, theyre 81% cotton and 19% linen on the denim / stitching, but my No 7s are 100% cotton on the denim / stitching.

Dylan61

Reaction score
If you get a chance, is the fabric composition the same? On my No 9s, theyre 81% cotton and 19% linen on the denim / stitching, but my No 7s are 100% cotton on the denim / stitching.
I haven’t check it yet but it’s probably the same, I believe the mud dye sashiko thread is linen instead of cotton like other CD versions that where the 19% linen comes from.

Dylan61

Reaction score
BBQ Saturday

11F9CCC9-8B5F-4F21-9F9A-E2561C764C42.jpeg

After first wash and before coating
25DB93F1-87B9-4720-BB5C-39EB05B83876.jpeg

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have or try the okagilly pants? Measurements are all over the place, some say TTS with a high rise and others say it fits small.

Is the size up advice for practically all denim (regardless of fit) for the brand?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My okagilly pants (bone denim) fit so big in the same size I used to do in Kapital pants (34) that I had to take it to the tailor to get it taken in. Plus to add into that the rise is insane. It's meant to be worn as a drop crotch I feel.

sojubro

Reaction score
Heading to Osaka this summer and plan on stopping by the Kapital store there.

Any other recommendations of shops to stop by in Osaka (first time visiting)?

grs

Reaction score
bomber.jpg

Anyone know what season this is from? Got it for a pretty good deal by trading in some old unworn clothing. NO. 5 brand new w/ tags

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I recently got a pair of Rat Flare jeans and man do they have a long inseam. It's much longer than the inseam on any other Kap pants that I've had. I don't know how one is supposed to wear these without hemming them... 🤔

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I recently got a pair of Rat Flare jeans and man do they have a long inseam. It's much longer than the inseam on any other Kap pants that I've had. I don't know how one is supposed to wear these without hemming them... 🤔

Choices are hem them, or let em stack/drag/pool. Both looks are probably fine considering the style.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Choices are hem them, or let em stack/drag/pool. Both looks are probably fine considering the style.

Are you completely sure that those are the only options? 😉

Anyway, drag/pool is not an option imho if you wear your pants while walking outside at all.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you completely sure that those are the only options? 😉

Anyway, drag/pool is not an option imho if you wear your pants while walking outside at all.
Yep, only options!

Also everyone used to drag and pool there jeans in the 90s/early 00s so your call. I'd probably let em pool and hem em just enough that they don't get under my shoes

grs

Reaction score
That's basically a grail for me. Wow. I really dig century denim, and got a denim jacket in it, but that's just a whole other level.
I actually made a YouTube vid on it in case you want a closer look at it. Super unique.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads