• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glasswing, Blue Owl, Jack Straw, Likelihood are the main four boutiques. The Nordstrom on 5th Ave has a pretty decent designer selection too.

Let me know if you’d like food/coffee recs too :)
Yeah food recs would be awesome.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Yeah food recs would be awesome.
EATS:
  • Taco Chukis ($)
  • Dicks ($)
  • Frelard Tamales ($)
  • Carmelo’s Tacos ($)
  • Homegrown ($$)
  • Kizuki Ramen ($$)
  • Billy Beach Sushi ($$)
  • Poke Square ($$)
  • Sawyer ($$)
  • Maneki ($$)
  • Papa Arepa ($$)
  • Le Pichet ($$$)
  • Din Tai Fung ($$$)
  • San Fermo ($$$)
  • Happy Lamb Hot Pot ($$$)
  • Meet Korean BBQ ($$$)
COFFEE / BREAKFAST:
  • Caffe Umbria
  • Espresso Vivace
  • Analog Coffee
  • Capitol Coffee Works
  • Storyville Coffee Pike Place
  • Le Panier
  • Daily Dozen
  • Crumble & Flake
  • La Rue
  • Old Salt
  • Sea Wolf Bakers
  • Venture Coffee Co
  • Tall Grass Bakery
  • Hood Famous Bakery
  • L’Experience Paris
  • Saint Bread
  • Cafe Hagan

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool new piece on Kap website

K2209LJ048_1.jpg
K2209LJ048_2.jpg
K2209LJ048_3.jpg

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe to stop people from buying them through proxy? I think they are really trying hard to protect their vendors in the west. I mean they used to sell the boro jacket online too and now it's shop only. Right now with the exchange rate you can get one for like 850-900 or something.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And now both them and the souvenir jacket are gone. I don't believe they sold out, but I'm also not sure why Kapital would remove them from sale.

The camo piece is still available here:

What souvenir jacket are you looking for?

Conclusive

Reaction score
What souvenir jacket are you looking for?

I was referring to the Vietnam pillow jacket that was also up. Not really in the market for it, but I noticed that it was up for a bit on Kapital's website.

Platform

Reaction score
Im planning to be in tokyo in about a month or so and want to pick up a few pieces, especially the ones hard to get in the US. Is there an existing resource I could look at for buying Kapital/Visvim/similar in japan? If not do you guys have any advice for me?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im planning to be in tokyo in about a month or so and want to pick up a few pieces, especially the ones hard to get in the US. Is there an existing resource I could look at for buying Kapital/Visvim/similar in japan? If not do you guys have any advice for me?

I don't know if there are resources but I remember on Reddit there was a guy who posted on Japanese Streetwear reddit a while back with an awesome brand guide/2nd hand guide. He no longer posts but it has a lot of info.

I don't know Tokyo all that well since I hated my time there but I do know kapital has a ton of stores and visvim moved into a bigger space.

norigim

Reaction score

If you're in Tokyo, you can just hit up the company owned stores. Visvim has stores in Omotesando (FIL, Flagship) and Nakameguro (General Market). The best Kapital stores are in Ebisu area. They also have stores in Roppongi and their Century Denim store is in Ginza.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jayce030

Reaction score
Hey All... are Kapital pieces sold outside of Japan different sizing? sizing all the same?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are resellers still super hard on Kapital? I feel like everything on grailed sits for ages at inflated prices or maybe proxying is making it easier just to buy whatever from Japan? Otherwise I don't know why that jacket would sell out so quick. It's a regular item and it's almost always in stock at all the stores.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads