• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:drool:

MKT-0422-JNJ-051_2050x.jpg
MKT-0422-JNJ-052_2050x.jpg

chhase

Reaction score
I was met with the same fate as @Dylan61. Thought I was getting the Type 1 CD jacket, and it ended up being the Westerner.

Once I saw the post about Kerouac mistakenly using the wrong photo of the upcoming Type 1 for the Westerner listing and having not seen any Kapital posts or tags with the Type 1 jacket, I already kinda knew.

Now I’m figuring out if I’m going to keep it…If they make the Type 1 in No. 5S, that would be perfect (as it would justify having another CD jacket in addition to this one). I much prefer the Type 1 silhouette over a Lee silhouette, but this jacket fits well and looks good on me. Who knows…

Anyways, here’s my pic copying @Dylan61

3B6A8FBC-8E31-47EA-A7C3-4F787242BE71.jpeg

EDIT: I'm going to keep the jacket

Last edited:

Dylan61

Reaction score
I was met with the same fate as @Dylan61. Thought I was getting the Type 1 CD jacket, and it ended up being the Westerner.

Once I saw the post about Kerouac mistakenly using the wrong photo of the upcoming Type 1 for the Westerner listing and having not seen any Kapital posts or tags with the Type 1 jacket, I already kinda knew.

Now I’m figuring out if I’m going to keep it…If they make the Type 1 in No. 5S, that would be perfect (as it would justify having another CD jacket in addition to this one). I much prefer the Type 1 silhouette over a Lee silhouette, but this jacket fits well and looks good on me. Who knows…

Anyways, here’s my pic copying @Dylan61

View attachment 1798257

EDIT: I'm going to keep the jacket
Bro hopefully they give you some money back for compensation 😔, the website refused to give me partial refund or let me buy the type 1 CD jacket 🤦‍♂️, they said the release date is undecided and they only accept returning the jacket for full refund, I'm kinda lucky that it fits me and the proxy service decided to give me back 15000 Yen for their mistake not checking the item carefully before sending it out so I'm happy keeping it for now.

Dylan61

Reaction score
Really enjoy wearing my mistaken order westerner jacket so far, only problem that I don’t see myself wearing it with century denim pants it’s just feel so wrong to me, guess I’m just not there yet 😅

FF4C0CC0-05CF-424E-ABBA-69253E287A58.jpeg

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I basically only wear it as a set. I even hang them together, I just don't even think about wearing them seperately almost ever especially the jacket.

Dylan61

Reaction score
I basically only wear it as a set. I even hang them together, I just don't even think about wearing them seperately almost ever especially the jacket.
I completely understand this, some of the flyest century denim pictures I've ever seen are of people wearing them as a set, it just feels weird to me walking around in the full set 🥴, in my mind it might make sense for me to wear the set if I'm riding bike and stuffs lol 😂

Conclusive

Reaction score
I have a bit of a conundrum on my hands.

I purchased a pair of Katsuragi Sleeper Cargo Pants off of Yahoo Japan. It seemed niche enough, so I wasn't too inclined to check for any discrepancies (oops) but I have begun to notice some after looking at my pair and others online.

Here is the pair on Haven's website.
1654149572402.jpeg

Probably the more notable discrepancy is that the place where the KOUNTRY label normally is on these sleeper pants is missing, though there are stitch holes and a rectangular patch of discoloration:

1654150089758.jpeg

Another thing is that the patches on their photos are faded and worn, unlike the patches on my pair:
1654149627600.png

1654149648925.jpeg

The stitching is different as well. The patches on mine seem almost new.

Some of the distressing is also visibly different:
1654149760322.png

1654149710995.jpeg

The placement of the flap is also slightly lower.

1654149815769.png

1654149836313.jpeg

All of the hardware is spot on (Universal zipper and YKK snaps), so I'm curious about whether or not something like this might be faked. I suppose there is the possibility of this being a very early iteration or a prototype, but the chances seem low. I'm probably in denial at this point, but has anyone had any experience with something like this?

chhase

Reaction score
Bro hopefully they give you some money back for compensation 😔, the website refused to give me partial refund or let me buy the type 1 CD jacket 🤦‍♂️, they said the release date is undecided and they only accept returning the jacket for full refund, I'm kinda lucky that it fits me and the proxy service decided to give me back 15000 Yen for their mistake not checking the item carefully before sending it out so I'm happy keeping it for now.

That little refund you got is nice. My friend actually helped me out on the jacket (and felt really bad about the mixup). Although I wanted the Type 1, I’m really happy with this jacket and so appreciative of my friend’s time and effort and even just having the Westerner.

Really enjoy wearing my mistaken order westerner jacket so far, only problem that I don’t see myself wearing it with century denim pants it’s just feel so wrong to me, guess I’m just not there yet 😅

I love how you layered the jacket in your picture. I wasn’t sure if I was going to feel too matchy-matchy wearing the set as a Japanese Canadian tux, but I rocked it all day today and loved it.
F098E21E-1D85-4EA7-8BDF-6C9705977E63.jpeg

chhase

Reaction score

I purchased a pair of Katsuragi Sleeper Cargo Pants off of Yahoo Japan. It seemed niche enough, so I wasn't too inclined to check for any discrepancies (oops) but I have begun to notice some after looking at my pair and others online.

View attachment 1798743

Probably the more notable discrepancy is that the place where the KOUNTRY label normally is on these sleeper pants is missing, though there are stitch holes and a rectangular patch of discoloration:

View attachment 1798750

Another thing is that the patches on their photos are faded and worn, unlike the patches on my pair:
View attachment 1798744

View attachment 1798745

View attachment 1798747
View attachment 1798746

View attachment 1798748

View attachment 1798749

All of the hardware is spot on (Universal zipper and YKK snaps), so I'm curious about whether or not something like this might be faked. I suppose there is the possibility of this being a very early iteration or a prototype, but the chances seem low. I'm probably in denial at this point, but has anyone had any experience with something like this?
These are such nice pants; I’m crossing my fingers that they’re legit (and will have someone more experienced weigh in in this). I’m wondering what the care and size tags look like on your pair though.

Dylan61

Reaction score
That little refund you got is nice. My friend actually helped me out on the jacket (and felt really bad about the mixup). Although I wanted the Type 1, I’m really happy with this jacket and so appreciative of my friend’s time and effort and even just having the Westerner.

I love how you layered the jacket in your picture. I wasn’t sure if I was going to feel too matchy-matchy wearing the set as a Japanese Canadian tux, but I rocked it all day today and loved it.
View attachment 1798753
I feel kinda bad too since I’m the one who put information about the jacket and the site on here, but man the set looks fire on you 🔥

Dylan61

Reaction score

View attachment 1798743

View attachment 1798750

View attachment 1798744

View attachment 1798745

View attachment 1798747
View attachment 1798746

View attachment 1798748

View attachment 1798749

I’m just wondering if the seller posted the real pictures of the pants or they just using images on from retailer sites? The amount of fake popular Kapital stuffs on Japanese market is crazy, I only buy old stuffs and century denim on second hand market these days.

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know speaking on the fake stuff, I just don't even know. They are basically faking everything in the catalog that buying used doesn't entice me one bit. It kinda sucks but it definitely keeps me from buying dumb **** from Kapital. Although I'm stil on purge mode right now anyway.

Also the Tibet thing is going to cause a whole nother **** show. I wonder how big their Chinese consumership is? It looks pretty from the looks of it, but at the samet time, they can buy fakes of everything so damn easily.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads