• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah especially for me that I'm gonna get fucked over by PayPal one more time after all that bullshit with their ridiculous USD to AUD conversion rate ๐Ÿ˜‚ , but its still better than buying from international retailers so I still get the physical store purchase proxy sometimes.

Are you using your credit card to pay with Paypal? PayPal conversion rate is terrible in general, if you set your payment method as a credit card that has no foreign transaction fees (I use capital one but I'm in the US) and choose that for the currency conversion the rate is much better.

I've saved $15 to $20 on $250 to $300 purchase before.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would any of y'all fools be interested in buying some Kapital jawns from me? Think of letting go of a bunch of stuff. Nothing is off the table, got some century stuff, some bone stuff, ring coat with crazy vintage military blanket attachment, some old old stuff, and 2 gaudy maria knit sweaters. I'm planning downsize heavy. However, I'm not sure what I will find hard to part with or not.

Not to get sappy because I hate doing this on an online forum, but my wife's grandpa finally passed away and although my wife is not able to make it to the funeral she's decided that she wants to go back to Japan once we got our fix of LA life. She wants to be there to support my MIL. I might try to sell some other crazy **** like my role clubs and other crap. I'm going back to the broke minimalist life, it looks like.

Conclusive

Reaction score
Would any of y'all fools be interested in buying some Kapital jawns from me? Think of letting go of a bunch of stuff. Nothing is off the table, got some century stuff, some bone stuff, ring coat with crazy vintage military blanket attachment, some old old stuff, and 2 gaudy maria knit sweaters. I'm planning downsize heavy. However, I'm not sure what I will find hard to part with or not.

Not to get sappy because I hate doing this on an online forum, but my wife's grandpa finally passed away and although my wife is not able to make it to the funeral she's decided that she wants to go back to Japan once we got our fix of LA life. She wants to be there to support my MIL. I might try to sell some other crazy **** like my role clubs and other crap. I'm going back to the broke minimalist life, it looks like.

Sorry to hear about the funeral, and I hope you and your wife are doing all right. I might have a friend who is interested in the gaudy sweaters, if you're looking to sell them. I might be interested in some of the other things, depending on what you decide to let go.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the funeral, and I hope you and your wife are doing all right. I might have a friend who is interested in the gaudy sweaters, if you're looking to sell them. I might be interested in some of the other things, depending on what you decide to let go.

Yeah dude hit them up, I'll give them for fair non resale bullshit prices I can take pictures of what I have tomorrow!

Also he was suffering. It's like a switch the second he stopped working in the rice fields he just started booting down. His brain was already going only 2 year after he retired and he finally died of pneumonia. At least he is no longer suffering but we feel kinda **** because we were living in Japan not even a year ago and came to the states which aside from the wonderful friends I made in NY and seeing my family again had been a struggle. If we stayed put we could've been there and think my wife is kicking herself for not being there.

Pums

Reaction score
any stockits in portugal and paris? would like to check out a few pieces before ordering

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feather denim jacket today

728361D6-C464-4D0C-A7CD-8322F601FC77 (1).jpeg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any stockits in portugal and paris? would like to check out a few pieces before ordering

Never heard of a stockist in Portugal. Jinji is in Paris and has a great assortment of Kapital. They also have lots of pretty rare pieces.

Dylan61

Reaction score
About the type 1 century jacket I posted few days ago, turn out itโ€™s the upcoming item and the shop mistakenly posted the pictures of it for the available western century denim jacket so Iโ€™m stuck with this jacket rn ๐Ÿ˜ญ. Waiting for the answer from the shop about refunding ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ.

FA9FF041-3B4E-4E77-A28B-AA7C017D1002.jpeg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About the type 1 century jacket I posted few days ago, turn out itโ€™s the upcoming item and the shop mistakenly posted the pictures of it for the available western century denim jacket so Iโ€™m stuck with this jacket rn ๐Ÿ˜ญ. Waiting for the answer from the shop about refunding ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ.

View attachment 1794620

Wow man that sucks. Surely they will have to refund you since it's so obviously their fault. If not, dm me and I might take it off your hands.

Dylan61

Reaction score
Wow man that sucks. Surely they will have to refund you since it's so obviously their fault. If not, dm me and I might take it off your hands.
Yeah since DHL is like the only option for me to ship it back to Japan and itโ€™s gonna be expensive af, Iโ€™m asking for a partial refund or a chance to buy the new type 1 CD with heavy discount. The jacket fits me quite nice so I donโ€™t mind keeping it if they can satisfy my demand, otherwise I will let you know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads