• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

pockets

Reaction score
friend ordered this jacket and is concerned about authenticity, im really unfamiliar with kapital (apart from some socks), anyway, does this ring coat look real?

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
friend ordered this jacket and is concerned about authenticity, im really unfamiliar with kapital (apart from some socks), anyway, does this ring coat look real?

Looks fine to me.

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
Finally got around to pick up a ring coat this past month. There was a mosquito tweed one in size 2 that was slept on in Mercari which showed up on Y!Jp for double the price, kinda kicking myself for missing out. Super stoked with this one though despite not being in the best condition. Anyone got tips for cleaning up (i presume) dried on tomato sauce stains?
IMG_3243.jpg

This one is thankfully stain free.
IMG_3244.jpg

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never really bought secondhand because afraid of fakes after seeing kapital on the fashionreps subreddit but I'm pretty sure this is legit right?

It's a less common version, ripstop alpine, which I believe they only produced once very recently and the tags look correct to me. When does kapital use the black versus the white tag?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I've decided to let my blanket RC go because I just can't come to terms with the smaller size than what I am used to. Such a bummer since this is truly an awesome piece and so rare... ?

I'll offer it here before going to Groiled etc. Send me a DM if you're interested!

i-img1200x1200-1628308431phzkrc219080.jpg
i-img1200x1200-1628308431rv4ai2219080.jpg

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
I've never really bought secondhand because afraid of fakes after seeing kapital on the fashionreps subreddit but I'm pretty sure this is legit right?

It's a less common version, ripstop alpine, which I believe they only produced once very recently and the tags look correct to me. When does kapital use the black versus the white tag?

I wouldn't use rarity as a way to identify fakes. The ripstop alpine has been showing up plenty of times in Yahoo Auctions (list of successful bids: https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closed...=-1&oq=&sc_i=&exflg=&p=kapital+alpine&x=0&y=0). The font and tag looks off (compared against this product shot https://www.fashionship.jp/kapital/ripstop-alpine-ring-coat-k1904lj080/)

Conclusive

Reaction score

I wouldn't go for it. That neck tag looks really wonky with the stretched font and those quotation marks are social distancing from the letters. I know for a fact that Yahoo Auctions Japan gets spammed with 1 Yen start auctions for this exact coat, and all of the sellers recycle the same description. I've bought from one of these sellers before and ended up with the most scuffed knock-off of the cow pattern slip-ons you could imagine, which tells me that there are definitely fakes of some of the more obscure items.

1638576608326.png

1638576656231.png

Here are some comparison photos I scrounged from the web. The angle of the photo is weird on the Poshmark listing, but hopefully this illustrates the dubious nature of that coat's label.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Hellanormcore and @Conclusive I had to look at it with my laptop (didn't notice on small phone screen) and I see what you mean with the letters. Kapital's text is more italicized. Definitely looks to be a fake. I really appreciate the help, saved me a good chunk of money. Hope you guys (and everyone else) have a great weekend.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Hellanormcore and @Conclusive I had to look at it with my laptop (didn't notice on small phone screen) and I see what you mean with the letters. Kapital's text is more italicized. Definitely looks to be a fake. I really appreciate the help, saved me a good chunk of money. Hope you guys (and everyone else) have a great weekend.

Yeah that tag is definitely not genuine. Pass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads