• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to maybe trade my no. 1-2-3 (all indigo) century denim in size 36 for a 38. Anyone interested?

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was going through my Kapital stuff and noticed that my Ainu Kesa Cardigan has a white label when the only product image I could find online has a black label. Were there fakes of these made? I feel like these are a bit more obscure than the Tsugihagi Kesa Cardigan, but you never know I guess.

I feel like it wouldn't be faked, especially since this one was only released during that season and didn't seem to be re-issued. But yeah, you never know. My Tugihagi Kesa (that I'm reluctantly going to put up for sale) and my 5G Wool Kesa have the black Kapital label.

I know @g transistor has one - perhaps he can check his if he sees this.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is a black label tag. But there were multiple productions of these.

if it’s faked it would be an incredibly… unlucrative fake. It’s not a popular piece and honestly not easy to move.

bobby jonathan

Reaction score
In Japan , it's illegal to wear a felted, buckshoted hat unless, you have hair below the ear or, longer.

bobby jonathan

Conclusive

Reaction score
Mine is a black label tag. But there were multiple productions of these.

if it’s faked it would be an incredibly… unlucrative fake. It’s not a popular piece and honestly not easy to move.

I think a lot of Kapital's more elaborate knits have the black label like the Gaudy sweaters and the Kesa Cardigans. I figured no one would make a copy of something like this and nothing feels off; the knit feels like it's in line with all of the other Kapital knits I've purchased, but I'm no expert. The only thing of concern is that the label is the wrong color and I can't find a care tag. Maybe it's a sample or something along those lines. Regardless of its authenticity, thank you for checking your cardigan and chiming in.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not for me, but I am digging this coat/jacket that just released.

K2111LJ119_9.jpg
K2111LJ119_NAT.jpg

chhase

Reaction score
Looking to maybe trade my no. 1-2-3 (all indigo) century denim in size 36 for a 38. Anyone interested?

if they’re around in a couple of weeks and you’ll sell instead of trade, I may be interested…

have any pics of what they’re looking like?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if they’re around in a couple of weeks and you’ll sell instead of trade, I may be interested…

have any pics of what they’re looking like?

Thanks bud, but I won't let them go if I can't find a trade. But I'll let you know if anything changes.

chhase

Reaction score
Thanks bud, but I won't let them go if I can't find a trade. But I'll let you know if anything changes.
Totally get it!

On a different note: anyone seeing any interesting wear or beginnings of any fading/patina on their mud-dyed no. 9s? Mine haven’t seen heavy rotation, so not much to share on my end. Curious about others…

Dylan61

Reaction score
Totally get it!

On a different note: anyone seeing any interesting wear or beginnings of any fading/patina on their mud-dyed no. 9s? Mine haven’t seen heavy rotation, so not much to share on my end. Curious about others…
I follow this guy on instagram, he is a Kapital store staff I believe, he shared his experience washing the no 9 for the first time, it’s interesting that the mud dye comes off the really easily just after 1 wash, the sashiko threads turn so white that he decided to do kakishibu coating with his pair after that.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I follow this guy on instagram, he is a Kapital store staff I believe, he shared his experience washing the no 9 for the first time, it’s interesting that the mud dye comes off the really easily just after 1 wash, the sashiko threads turn so white that he decided to do kakishibu coating with his pair after that.

Strange. I’ve washed mine and they haven’t lost any mud dye at all…

Dylan61

Reaction score
Strange. I’ve washed mine and they haven’t lost any mud dye at all…
Hmm that's strange, tbh the sashiko threads on his pair looks pretty white even before washing, maybe its been soaked before the first wash I guess ?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that is super strange, I've washed mine several times, ridden them on my bike and sure it's definitely not as dark but those don't even look like the same pants.

Austo

Reaction score
Anybody know if the Boro truckers are gone for good or coming back? Now that I'm ready to purchase one, I was holding out for a blanket lined which I haven't seen in ages but even the more recent version isn't in stock through the Kapital site or at any stockists from what I can find.

So I suppose I'll ask here - anyone in Japan and willing to proxy me a Boro trucker, size 4 or 5? Preferably someone on here who has done so before for people and is trustworthy. Happy to pay a proxy fee, I would normally use a service but they're not available through the website and I don't personally know anyone in Japan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics