• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sooo... Do you think the size 2 is an OK fit for me? :hide:
Its a little hard to tell the sleeve length (looks ok in the pic) but I feel like that's usually where it gets most noticeably too small. Looks good to me, honestly, but if I were you I'd just like..

give it away to the first person who replied to you.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a little hard to tell the sleeve length (looks ok in the pic) but I feel like that's usually where it gets most noticeably too small. Looks good to me, honestly, but if I were you I'd just like..

give it away to the first person who replied to you.

pic with sleeve length. Might be a touch too small and I might try to stretch them. But then again, it’s streetwear so who cares really? ?

F1890F05-B434-412E-9EDD-CF3B5B1C8E01.jpeg

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pic with sleeve length. Might be a touch too small and I might try to stretch them. But then again, it’s streetwear so who cares really? ?

View attachment 1689769
It doesn't look too bad to me, for me it's just more that with the ribbed cuffs rode up my wrists if it was too short and it physically bothered me a little when mine was a size too small.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sleeve length is a tad short but it's fine doubt anyone would notice it. As long as you're not a neurotic, OCD mess like me I'd keep it if it doesn't bother you.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think its fine, and you could always get some funky material and add some extra space if you really wanted. I've done it before but I don't think its bad at all. I wear a 2 in my ring coat and it doesn't bother me at all. I definitely would rather have the one you have right now though.

I'm also digging the boots, makes me want to get some black cowboy boots but I just money down on some of the dumbest shoes I will ever own.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Two pieces from my personal archive up for sale. DM or Email only if interested.
IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0939.JPG

Selling this vest. 25000 JPY Shipped OBO
Wool buffalo check with quilted insulated lining. Size 3
Chest 55
Shoulder 40
Length 63.5

And this sweatshirt huge T 15000 JPY Shipped OBO
Dorozome over dyed. Size 3
Chest 79
Length 75
Shoulder 81
Sleeve 25

There are some irregularities in the color as this is naturally dyed.
IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG
IMG_0942.JPG

Last edited:

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
I managed to snag one up from Y!J during the summer. It's actually a size smaller than I would want it to be (it's a size 2 and I have my other RCs in size 3), but I am warming up to the sizing anyway. These are so rare that I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get it.

I actually thought about you when I purchased it. I said to myself that if it didn't work out I'd PM you and offer it to you. Anyway, if I let it go someday I'll let you have first dibs! ❤

If this was from a couple of months back, I had a feeling that someone here was the person I was going against on Y!Jp.

Low key still salty for losing out but well played

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this was from a couple of months back, I had a feeling that someone here was the person I was going against on Y!Jp.

Low key still salty for losing out but well played

lol! I was swearing at the guy who constantly upped the price. I was actually thinking "I am sure this guy is from SF or something... No way he's living in Japan!:fu:"

Conclusive

Reaction score
Was going through my Kapital stuff and noticed that my Ainu Kesa Cardigan has a white label when the only product image I could find online has a black label. Were there fakes of these made? I feel like these are a bit more obscure than the Tsugihagi Kesa Cardigan, but you never know I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_1804.JPG
    IMG_1804.JPG
    343.8 KB · Views: 127
  • c9325108b660e41e1d019f4dc1b77867.jpg
    c9325108b660e41e1d019f4dc1b77867.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 128

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads