• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean it's like, they had to know free Tibet is super loaded when it comes to mainlanders. I don't know if it's a vocal minority or it's everyone but this was gonna be the outcome either way.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The comments on that instagram post were ridiculous. Here I am always complaining about how bad propaganda in the US is, but China has it perfected to a different level, especially when it comes to Tibet.

Pretty sad they removed it because I was 100% in on getting a bunch of Free Tibet gear. Even if it was disingenuous on Kapital's part, it isn't on mine. Pretty terrible how most of the world has just forgotten about the genocide going on there, or just given up and letting China do it. And then the posts on instagram were worse than trump supporters.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I'm just hoping maybe somehow I can get my hands on some of those Free Tibet samples.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The comments on that instagram post were ridiculous. Here I am always complaining about how bad propaganda in the US is, but China has it perfected to a different level, especially when it comes to Tibet.

Pretty sad they removed it because I was 100% in on getting a bunch of Free Tibet gear. Even if it was disingenuous on Kapital's part, it isn't on mine. Pretty terrible how most of the world has just forgotten about the genocide going on there, or just given up and letting China do it. And then the posts on instagram were worse than trump supporters.

It's not just that it's forgotten, it's also that it is basically over. China finished the job, they did what is gonna happen to Hong Kong, Xinjiang, Mongolia, Macau and eventually Taiwan. The belt and road initiative is basically a reach for domination of developing nations.

I don't want to go far into politics but honestly it's sorta infuriating that we as a human race do this over and over.

Symphony

Reaction score

HONESTLY I hope they still release the free Tibet socks

Dylan61

Reaction score
HONESTLY I hope they still release the free Tibet socks
If you didn’t see the post besides from the socks, there were also Free Tibet graphic hat with Thrasher Magazine font, Free Tibet pillow souvenir jacket and graphic shirt if I remember correctly.

Symphony

Reaction score
If you didn’t see the post besides from the socks, there were also Free Tibet graphic hat with Thrasher Magazine font, Free Tibet pillow souvenir jacket and graphic shirt if I remember correctly.

proooobably will be getting that graphic shirt tbh

I just discovered the joy of just buying it from japan instead of paying some hypebeast on grailed $200 more than retail

RuffyD

Reaction score
Hong Kong is just another city in China now, one country two system is total bullshit from the start. I have a couple of friends who left their well paid jobs and moved to UK or other countries once they launched the national security law here

It's not just that it's forgotten, it's also that it is basically over. China finished the job, they did what is gonna happen to Hong Kong, Xinjiang, Mongolia, Macau and eventually Taiwan. The belt and road initiative is basically a reach for domination of developing nations.

I don't want to go far into politics but honestly it's sorta infuriating that we as a human race do this over and over.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
proooobably will be getting that graphic shirt tbh

I just discovered the joy of just buying it from japan instead of paying some hypebeast on grailed $200 more than retail

Grailed culture is weird because everyone is ripping each other off and then Grailed rips everyone off as a bonus with their insane fees.

I'll happily risk some import tax by buying from Japan if it means my item is going to be way cheaper anyway.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The peace and love and HH the Dalai Lama shirt was pretty good too.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hong Kong is just another city in China now, one country two system is total bullshit from the start. I have a couple of friends who left their well paid jobs and moved to UK or other countries once they launched the national security law here

This makes me sad, my mother's native tongue is Cantonese and once the Communists took over they made Mandarin the national language. My mother immigrated to the US because of them, her grandfather was wealthy and the stories of the torture they did to him ...

Hong Kong is one of the only places that still speaks Cantonese (only 5% of China speaks it now) and if China takes over HK I wouldn't be surprised if the language was completely wiped out. What was the national security law they passed?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads