• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recent pickups: Finally got the western blanket ring coat, they only had the red one left when I was in Japan a few years back and I've been searching since. Really nice texture.
View attachment 1640954

The Tri-P coat was a drunken yahoo bid which i kinda regretted... but am now pleasantly surprised. Basically a shorter version of the ring coat, but with a normal sized hood its somewhat easier to wear. Quite happy with it given what i paid (~10k yen).
View attachment 1640961

Love the ring coat! Where did you find it? How much did it cost you, if you don't mind sharing?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been feeling similarly and also really liking Niche lately. Though I generally dislike Bode (feels like Kapital got passed through a slightly-less-basic-than-totally-basic boho Pinterest filter), and, while I loved their earlier drops more, I still enjoy 18 East stuff even if the overall vibe—however cool—often isn’t how I dress.

On another note, I’m sick of edgy Kapital boro bro looks.

Edgy Kapital Boro bro looks? Pics?

Symphony

Reaction score
If anyone has any of the striped or smiley easy pants in a size 4 or five, I’ll definitely take them off your hands.

I’m having a ton of trouble finding a pair lmao

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edgy Kapital Boro bro looks? Pics?

If you just look up any of those Kapital fan accounts on IG, they’re full of guys wearing boro **** in generically “edgy” surroundings (lots of concrete often) with hype sneakers (Jordan 1s especially) or other kinda hype shoes (Suicoke type intentionally ugly things). I was really struck by just how many of those clones I saw at a recent antique/vintage fair I went to. There seemed to be at least one, if not a cluster, at every booth selling 90s/2000s rap tees.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you just look up any of those Kapital fan accounts on IG, they’re full of guys wearing boro **** in generically “edgy” surroundings (lots of concrete often) with hype sneakers (Jordan 1s especially) or other kinda hype shoes (Suicoke type intentionally ugly things). I was really struck by just how many of those clones I saw at a recent antique/vintage fair I went to. There seemed to be at least one, if not a cluster, at every booth selling 90s/2000s rap tees.

Like this dude? Yeah, not my bag.

Screenshot_20210719_091112.jpg

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kapital is always going to be a brand that I really appreciate the aesthetics. I come from a vintage clothing background and Kapital was one of the first "nice" brands that I started mixing in. I also started by only buying stuff that would pop up online for less than 100 bucks because I wasn't making great money. I'm unashamed to say I own bone embroidered jacket and matching poopy pant jeans and 3 different colors of century denim. Ya like what ya like, and I would be a fool to say I buy things due to quality. I do not love the smiley or the prints but that doesnt mean its bad.

The past couple seasons I don't love but that doesnt mean every once in a while something pops out and I fall for it. However in between vintage, new brands like Nicholas Daley, or the random crap I pull out of rakuten, Kapital is just another brand. Nothing wrong with that I think, I hate when people turn into a brand shill or brand evangelist. Just wear cool clothes, buy things you like. I feel like if you have to think hard about resell value and hype, ya probably got too much **** anyway.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like this dude? Yeah, not my bag.

View attachment 1640984
Not denying this look is kind of douchey and I get sick of the same stuff over and over on the gram but if I saw this dude on the street I’d get a kick out of it.
I mean, this sounds snobby, I know, but coming from Central. Florida if you tell anyone you’re wearing Kapital expect to have them ask if that means it was made in Tallahassee. I wonder how I’d feel about my closet if I lived in a New Yorke or a Chicago where you can get bored of seeing Yohji.

Alexidb

Reaction score
I know ring coat sizing has been done to death. But...

so I’m 5’11 180lbs 42inch chest. A size small would just be too small correctish?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know ring coat sizing has been done to death. But...

so I’m 5’11 180lbs 42inch chest. A size small would just be too small correctish?

I'd say a size 3. But depending on how you want it to fit you could also do a size 2.

As a reference, here are a few quick and dirty pics of me wearing my katsuragi cotton RC in size 3 that I posted in this thread about a year ago.

IMG_20200815_115421.jpg
IMG_20200815_115328.jpg
IMG_20200815_115204.jpg

Last edited:

Symphony

Reaction score
If anyone has any of the striped or smiley easy pants in a size 4 or five, I’ll definitely take them off your hands.

I’m having a ton of trouble finding a pair lmao

or if anyone knows where to find some lol

edit: also is there a kapital discord or something?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads