• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
boYyTBt.jpg

drunk stripe pants + navy supply boots yesterday

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boYyTBt.jpg

drunk stripe pants + navy supply boots yesterday
Sometimes when I feel like dressing a bit more out there, I think “WWJD?” which translates into “what would Jesus do?”

Jesus would look up to the heavens and think, “WWJD?” which translates into “What would ‘Joe do?”

I think that was in the Bible somewhere.

conqueror

Reaction score
i just received the one-size happy overalls in denim, although they are labelled size 1. of course they are a lot of fun (and very impractical), but the straps are sadly a bit too short for my 6'1 frame. i'm assuming adding some new button holes would be relatively straight forward for an alterations place? the wabi-sabi alternative is to use my opinel...

edit: attached stock photos for reference. the patch is made of an old milk carton.

Attachments

• mens--210510-30277_1500x.jpg
    mens--210510-30277_1500x.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 98
  • mens--210510-30265_1500x.jpg
    mens--210510-30265_1500x.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just add a couple buttonholes! it would be pretty easy to get some done at any alteration place.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Pillow Peace" must be Kiro street slang for brand-narcolepsy.

What's brand-narcolepsy?

From what I've seen, I am not a fan of the pillow stuff. Seems unpractical and too gimmicky imo.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's brand-narcolepsy?

From what I've seen, I am not a fan of the pillow stuff. Seems unpractical and too gimmicky imo.

Sleep at the wheel, Lazy design, I don't know, like Kapital's staples like Boro, Century, the Ring Coat, and the Kamakura are infinitely cool but recently it's been a lot of the same.

I would love to see way more inventive pieces with design. Maybe Kapital should move away from the seasonal model and start just doing the same thing in different fabrics with a few cool designs brought out every few seasons.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Can anyone verify anything about these? Bought them from Japan recently, but I feel like they might be fake.

Legs pair in particular seems to have no Kapital care tag? Also has “International World Jeans“ on the main button.

Any insight would be appreciated.

The No.4 is a factory sample.

coooaaat

Reaction score
Picked up this fringed shirt recently. Any idea if it's a staple, or a one-off from a past season? I love the details–has a lot in common with the Kathmandu shirt, but a little easier for me to wear.

I also grabbed a pair of smiley socks. I knew it was a gamble with UK 11 feet but disappointing still that they're too small for me. They'll make a nice gift for someone at least.

conqueror

Reaction score
Picked up this fringed shirt recently. Any idea if it's a staple, or a one-off from a past season? I love the details–has a lot in common with the Kathmandu shirt, but a little easier for me to wear.

I also grabbed a pair of smiley socks. I knew it was a gamble with UK 11 feet but disappointing still that they're too small for me. They'll make a nice gift for someone at least.
i took a gamble and almost bought a pair w/ the MA-1 sneakers at their duffle store a few years ago; thankfully the (very polite) girl asked what size i was first. she laughed when i said 'US 12'.

coooaaat

Reaction score
i took a gamble and almost bought a pair w/ the MA-1 sneakers at their duffle store a few years ago; thankfully the (very polite) girl asked what size i was first. she laughed when i said 'US 12'.
yeah it was a long shot. There’s a lot of choice when it comes to Japanese socks with interesting materials that fit large feet, but none have patterns quite as fun as Kapital does.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score

That's a standard shirt they make twice a year.

Yeah don't be one of those people who wears Japanese socks (or anything) that are way too small. But to be honest those socks are mediocre level quality same as their bandanas. They make some socks specifically the Van Gogh socks that are properly made. I have worn out so many pairs of Kapital socks I stopped buying them years ago because the novelty of their designs wore out my wallet. Unless you have the means to afford novelty or FOMO I wouldn't waste my money.

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a US 11 and they fit me but after buying one, I kinda said meh. I bought it sight unseen and although the patterns are cute, however I find myself gravitating toward simple single color socks since it's easier to work into fits. Plus they have a super rough feel to them and are sweat buckets. Speaking of which anyone know any good Japanese socks that are light And good quality?

The bandanas are definitely more middling to fair at best but some of the images are quite cool. Frankly tho, I tend to grab my vintage ones more often when tryna look fashionable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads