• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
74CCB43F-C0C3-4A91-95FB-F60F4E463F9A.jpeg

All Kapital except for some lazy slippers going out to fire up the grill. I’m assuming this denim is gonna soften up with some wear and washes.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tdes81 it will, just be hard on it. have you ever seen the fella who works at independence's pair looks like?

I have not -- got any shots of it? Would love to see it. Should I just not give a **** and wash/dry these warm/hot? I pretty much baby all my stuff with a cold wash and delicate or air dry. I'm loving the relaxed fit on these, I wouldn't have much problem wearing them all day every day.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know you didn't ask for Reddit, but /r/JapanLife is pretty much the recommended community for expats in Japan. Outside of that there's plenty of "Moved to Japan to be an X" blogs (insert whatever job you have).

I moved to Japan 2 years ago and it's been a blast (minus the COVID).

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know, Japan reddit stuff is a cesspool. A lot of people not knowing what they are getting into and bitching about the most mundane things, people trying to get a hopes and dreams visa, and a ton of bad memes. I think it's better researching about it in a more organic way. Such as researching careers that would lead you to that goal, in demand job types, the news, local companies with branches in Japan etc etc..

I didn't really do any research until it was already set that I was moving here, but reddit was rarely helpful. I mean there really isn't much research besides you either are good as hell at what you do so a company from Japan hires you and does all the work for you or you do english teaching.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every community is going to have a fair bit of bad apples, but it's probably the best place to get a quick answer about something specific.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also I think the reddit is r/moving to japan or something because Japanlife bans you if you post and don't live in japan, I believe.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those who have the century 123, did you all soak once or twice before wearing? was hoping to get away with not soaking at all but i know the crocking is particularly back with these.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, now I want a katsuragi cotton ring coat in black. :marchal:

Edit: please someone talk me out of it.

Last edited:

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, now I want a katsuragi cotton ring coat in black. :marchal:

Edit: please someone talk me out of it.

I'm not one to help, I found an indigo kathmandu shirt on sale in my size and couldn't even help myself.

Incoming today. It's raining Kapital this week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads