• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Reaction score
Looks good man, I kinda hope that they bring back the regular sized jackets rather than the long for century in the future. I like the vintage cropped look more. I always felt the Lee Rider shape looks better cropped.

I would agree. I have a kakishibu 42 long that fits more like the cropped vintage denim jackets, but sadly the shoulders and chest are just slightly too small and I have to jump up to a 44 which fits all-around better but does bug me that it’s slightly long

Reaction score
Looks good. Did you size up on the pants?
I did. I generally find that’s the case with kapital. I’m kind of an in between size with them… I am a 31.5-32 waist and 32 is definitely like a 31 with them. 34 fits well... I generally get them tailored to take the hem up an inch and a half so that I can do a bit of a roll if I choose to (I’m 5’9”); I also find they’re a bit baggy in some cases (especially below the knee) and often alter that, but these seem almost worth leaving in that regard

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wear the about the same as you, 44 for jackets 34 for pants in kapital. The only one that I should've sized down was the okagilly pants I bought, they are way baggie at the waste, and I should have gone with a 32. I got it taken in a bit but I think they weren't aggressive enough, and it still fits me a bit loose.

Reaction score
Yeah I wear the about the same as you, 44 for jackets 34 for pants in kapital. The only one that I should've sized down was the okagilly pants I bought, they are way baggie at the waste, and I should have gone with a 32. I got it taken in a bit but I think they weren't aggressive enough, and it still fits me a bit loose.
Good to know. Jonathan Lukacek (all of this possible because of him since I’m in Canada) informed me that these only come in the monkey Cisco
Sizing can be all over the place for me for jackets and shirts. Certain sweaters/jackets/button up shirts fit perfectly as a form fitting size 3, while others are much too tight in the chest/shoulders and won’t allow me to do up the last few buttons - it’s all depending on material.
I have three different ring jackets, and the size 2 seems to fit perfectly regardless of material, while still serving as a slightly overfitting jacket.

I have a Santo Domingo 1800 C trucker jacket in 3 (42) regular (not long), and it’s tiiiny on me. It’s a real shame because it took me forever to find and finding a 44 is next to impossible I believe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My one biggest regret is on grailed there was a size 44 suede santo domingo trucker on grailed up for like a couple months. I kept pulling my self back because at the time I had never spent more than 300 on a single item plus I swore up and down that a 44 would be too big. The day I finally said I was going to buy, it was gone. Havent seen anything since, except one here in japan at a 2nd hand store, it was a 42 and was so tiny for me. So sad.

Either way, I got to try stuff out now, but when I was in the states, I never ever ordered three. It was too random, sometimes it would fit me, sometimes it would be tight as hell and I'd give it to my wife. I just do 4's, if it's baggy then so be it.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my two cents of course, but I strongly feel that nothing Kapital shoud fit really form fitting, slim or tight. It's just not the brand's aesthetic. On the contrary, I think Kap's stuff always looks best when they fit a bit wonky and oversized. So: never size down, always consider sizing up at least one (if you're not a "Japanese size" that is) and just embrace the Kapital fit.

Again, only my personal view.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First webstore outside of Japan that offers mud dyes CD:

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just my two cents of course, but I strongly feel that nothing Kapital shoud fit really form fitting, slim or tight. It's just not the brand's aesthetic. On the contrary, I think Kap's stuff always looks best when they fit a bit wonky and oversized. So: never size down, always consider sizing up at least one (if you're not a "Japanese size" that is) and just embrace the Kapital fit.

Again, only my personal view.
Ehhh....I'm not sure I agree about Kapital's aesthetic, though I'd say most of Kapital now is meant to be oversized (but that's how everything is these days). If you look back at something like Peace Pilgrim or when Century denim was coming on the scene, those clothes are not all oversized either - and that's from the official lookbooks. I don't think century denim falls under the oversized umbrella, or should for that matter. I prefer the vintage slimmer and shorter fit to that for sure.

1614703963816.png

https___hypebeast.com_image_2014_08_kapital-2014-fall-winter-peace-pilgrim-lookbook-7.jpg

kvatek_03_1347.jpg

kvatek_03_5110.jpg

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehhh....I'm not sure I agree about Kapital's aesthetic, though I'd say most of Kapital now is meant to be oversized (but that's how everything is these days). If you look back at something like Peace Pilgrim or when Century denim was coming on the scene, those clothes are not all oversized either - and that's from the official lookbooks. I don't think century denim falls under the oversized umbrella, or should for that matter. I prefer the vintage slimmer and shorter fit to that for sure.

View attachment 1565776
View attachment 1565777
View attachment 1565778
View attachment 1565779

Ehhh... Well I don't think we really disagree, since those images aren't of slim stuff in the sense that I am talking about now. I am perfectly aware of the style in those lookbooks, which I personally love, but then you have to factor in how everything else in fashion at that point was super slim, low rise, very tapered and short legged. So relative to that, what Kapital did at that point wasn't slim and instead "oversized". And, to be clear, when I say oversized here, I guess I don't mean the 2021 meaning of the word. Rather, it's the contrast to slim stuff like this from circa 2010 and onwards (taken from Reddit I think):

1614704855009.png

Anyway, let's not get hung up on semantics. I think Kapital looks best relaxed and in standard-to-oversized-fit (whatever that means) and I do think that has always been part of the brand's aesthetic. Ymmv and I might be wrong of course.

Last edited:

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just half waist with the jeans laid flat. I often go by 3sixteen's guide. Thank you. I appreciate it.

45 cm. This is after a wash and several wears, so they have probably stretched out a bit by now. Let me know if you need anything else.

IMG_20210302_183216.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads