• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh nice, some of the Baja Samu cardigans. They're so damn comfortable. I love mine.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the Baja Samu cardigans look really nice. How warm are they? Too bad they are one size only... Would they be too small for a guy like me at 6.1''?

I'm 6'0 and mine fits just fine, it's a pretty oversized fit. The fabric is nice and heavy with a great drape to it, probably my favorite part of it. They're not super warm due to the design (oversized, big sleeves, open front) but not something I'd be wearing out in the summer.

i_deliver_tofu

Reaction score
I really like the new century denim, still skeptical about the fit but the color is definitely my favorite, does anyone know how to get one if I’m not living in Japan ?
I just saw CottonSheep stocking them, or proxy!

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Dude that alone should be commended, i speak decently, but thats with too many years under my belt. I already speak two languages, and Japanese definitely doesn't come as easily. I can only hope my language skill becomes good enough to make long lasting connections out here.

If you are ever in Kyoto, send me a message, we can get some food/drink possibly

Drop me a mail or DM here and we can figure out a day that we can meet up and grab a coffee.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Thanks for the props guys I was out of town all weekend. Just got back and quite flattered by the support. Sending out half a dozen pairs of Mud Dyed CDs tomorrow. You should all be receiving by the end of the week.

Again its a blessing really to be able to help out those that appreciate it. It may be just a pair of jeans but I am really happy to help.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Just picked up the new no 9 Cisco westerner in a 48. Can anyone advise on proper rinsing and sizing? Sizing wise while raw, shoulders are still stiff, and arms are a bit long and roomy.. so shrinkage would be preferred, if that makes sense. A size down at 46 was just too small

Attachments

• 480DA65D-5848-4D83-A01C-C2687B588D71.jpeg
    480DA65D-5848-4D83-A01C-C2687B588D71.jpeg
    480.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Just picked up the new no 9 Cisco westerner in a 48. Can anyone advise on proper rinsing and sizing? Sizing wise while raw, shoulders are still stiff, and arms are a bit long and roomy.. so shrinkage would be preferred, if that makes sense. A size down at 46 was just too small

Its denim just wash and dry it

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its denim just wash and dry it

Exactly this.

Just start wearing it and it'll be loose pretty soon. If you rinse or wash it it will be even stiffer and you'll have to loosen it up with wear anyway. You won't get any shrinkage to speak of, and most of it (if not all) will stretch out again with wear.

Re sizing. It's hard to say anything without fit pics. But it's Kapital you know, stuff shouldn't fit like orslow etc.

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good man, I kinda hope that they bring back the regular sized jackets rather than the long for century in the future. I like the vintage cropped look more. I always felt the Lee Rider shape looks better cropped.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads