• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

RuffyD

Reaction score
Got a question about the smiley sweatshirt, my girlfriend just gifted me one but I noticed it had 2 tags listing the country it was manufactured in (Japan and China). I’m still gonna wear it regardless but just wanted to know if this is normal or if it’s a fake?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 93E73052-709E-4AB9-9754-AAB3A4EB3BF2.jpeg
    93E73052-709E-4AB9-9754-AAB3A4EB3BF2.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 79

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Got a question about the smiley sweatshirt, my girlfriend just gifted me one but I noticed it had 2 tags listing the country it was manufactured in (Japan and China). I’m still gonna wear it regardless but just wanted to know if this is normal or if it’s a fake?
Thanks!
Can you find out where she bought it from? I would be very skeptical of any second-hand Kapital fleece....

RuffyD

Reaction score
Yeah, she bought it second hand, think it was from Facebook marketplace or something

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I proxied about 8 pairs or so since last week. Just drop me a mail if you're serious about getting a pair.

I recall an Instagram story in the past where you stopped taking proxy orders, so it's cool to see you offering again.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
I recall an Instagram story in the past where you stopped taking proxy orders, so it's cool to see you offering again.

Its just for the Doro century denim. And I probably won't be doing it for much longer. I put that story up to avoid getting emails and DMs for price checks. Surprising number of people think proxy is a volunteer service

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its just for the Doro century denim. And I probably won't be doing it for much longer. I put that story up to avoid getting emails and DMs for price checks. Surprising number of people think proxy is a volunteer service

I can't image you make any decent money off of this, it's definitely a nice thing to do but unless I was decent friends with them, I would never do it. Price checks especially, I'm not going to to run around just to check the price. Either ya want it or ya don't. Much better man then me I guess.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
I can't image you make any decent money off of this, it's definitely a nice thing to do but unless I was decent friends with them, I would never do it. Price checks especially, I'm not going to to run around just to check the price. Either ya want it or ya don't. Much better man then me I guess.

You're 100% right. It is not really for making money. Its providing a sincere service for people who physically can't get stuff. Unfortunately people want my time for free, and they have no understanding of how much time I spent learning Japanese and making connections and creating relationships with lots of people. So I stopped doing proxy to avoid risking damaging the work I have done in Japan. I often tell people "NO" and let them someone else deal with them. It isn't all that much of a pain but some people assume that they shouldn't have to pay me for them using my time.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're 100% right. It is not really for making money. Its providing a sincere service for people who physically can't get stuff. Unfortunately people want my time for free, and they have no understanding of how much time I spent learning Japanese and making connections and creating relationships with lots of people. So I stopped doing proxy to avoid risking damaging the work I have done in Japan. I often tell people "NO" and let them someone else deal with them. It isn't all that much of a pain but some people assume that they shouldn't have to pay me for them using my time.

I appreciate it, man! I've got some really special pieces thanks to you and it was absolutely fantastic to meet you in person in Osaka as well.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they have no understanding of how much time I spent learning Japanese

Dude that alone should be commended, i speak decently, but thats with too many years under my belt. I already speak two languages, and Japanese definitely doesn't come as easily. I can only hope my language skill becomes good enough to make long lasting connections out here.

If you are ever in Kyoto, send me a message, we can get some food/drink possibly

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's pretty crazy but I see this too. Some people really don't understand just how much time is money, or what it's like to be a busy person and not have a lot of free time. Either that or they're just damn selfish.

I'm just so damn glad you were able to do this for some of us. I had pretty much resigned myself to not being able to get a pair of these, and now I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. :p Would love to see some photos of them, it doesn't seem like there's much of anything on the internet apart from what they had on instagram.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I shouldn't be surprised about people asking for price checks or thinking that they shouldn't pay for your time, but wow. One would think that "the price on Kapital's site + $X for shipping + $X proxy fee" would be straightforward enough.

I've proxied a couple of Kapital pieces through you in the past, and you were always kind to answer any questions I had. I still remember the day my 5G Wool Kesa came in the mail, and how excited I was to open the package. I appreciate the service you provided for me and the rest of us fans throughout.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads