• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
You might have this on your blog but before I go look, I figure I'd ask. How the heck did you end up working for Kapital in that capacity as a foreigner? Sounds like it'd be a cool story.

Also thanks on the heads up. Maybe I'll wait on the restock actually.

I spoke about this very topic on an episode of Blamo! Podcast. I have never really written about it on my blog. Doing all the research for the Bandanna Museum, and coordinating most of that project to launch, got me enough credibility with Kiro that he asked me to work for Kapital when they opened the Osaka store. There is more too it but my verbal explanation is much more entertaining. Blamo! Podcast

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spoke about this very topic on an episode of Blamo! Podcast. I have never really written about it on my blog. Doing all the research for the Bandanna Museum, and coordinating most of that project to launch, got me enough credibility with Kiro that he asked me to work for Kapital when they opened the Osaka store. There is more too it but my verbal explanation is much more entertaining. Blamo! Podcast

Sick I’ll check it out, I need more things to listen to while I cook. I still wanna make it out to the bandana museum. I’ve always been interested in collecting bandanas but knowing me, I’m better off not falling into another rabbit hole.

I still regret passing a set of 16 uncut elephant trunk down bandanas for 100 bucks at an antique shop because I didnt know what I’d do with them.

Last edited:

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Sick I’ll check it out, I need more things to listen to while I cook. I still wanna make it out to the bandana museum. I’ve always been interested in collecting bandanas but knowing me, I’m better off not falling into another rabbit hole.

I still regret passing a set of 16 uncut elephant trunk down bandanas for 100 bucks at an antique shop because I didnt know what I’d do with the

Unbelievable. I have heard this sort of thing before from other people, but Trunk Down uncut are pretty rare!

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable. I have heard this sort of thing before from other people, but Trunk Down uncut are pretty rare!

Yeah! at the time I didn't know much about it, but I saw selvedge and had never seen bandanas still together. Was a broke 19 year old at the time. I didn't want to pass but had to go home to see if I could scrounge up the money and research a bit more. When I realized the rarity, I jetted back the next day when it opened but the owner had said that they sold it not long after I had left the place.

Although to be honest, even now I wouldn't know what to do with it. That's probably why I appreciate the concept of the Bandana Museum. The fact is, it probably would sit around gathering dust in rather than on display for people to enjoy.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Yeah! at the time I didn't know much about it, but I saw selvedge and had never seen bandanas still together. Was a broke 19 year old at the time. I didn't want to pass but had to go home to see if I could scrounge up the money and research a bit more. When I realized the rarity, I jetted back the next day when it opened but the owner had said that they sold it not long after I had left the place.

Although to be honest, even now I wouldn't know what to do with it. That's probably why I appreciate the concept of the Bandana Museum. The fact is, it probably would sit around gathering dust in rather than on display for people to enjoy.

Ouch. Well that happens to the best of us. True, most of the time I collect stuff.... only to sell it later.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Thanks - I thought I had read through your entire blog by now, but I guess I missed a few corners.

I spent all day going through hard drives looking for the images from the interview (text I always save in the same place) but ugh the frustration of finding these pictures from almost 10 years ago. I re-upped the interview and hopefully I can find a few more photos from old posts worth uploading. Original Interview

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent all day going through hard drives looking for the images from the interview (text I always save in the same place) but ugh the frustration of finding these pictures from almost 10 years ago. I re-upped the interview and hopefully I can find a few more photos from old posts worth uploading. Original Interview

Awesome. Thanks!

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the Osaka store to check out the new century denim and I gotta say, it took all the willpower in the world to not buy. They look more black then brown in hand unless the stores low lighting was tricking me. It was really nice, and definitely will get a pair once work actually picks up.

it was roughly 430 bucks with tax. They also had a fair amount of stock too.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I need to find myself a proxy...

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Went to the Osaka store to check out the new century denim and I gotta say, it took all the willpower in the world to not buy. They look more black then brown in hand unless the stores low lighting was tricking me. It was really nice, and definitely will get a pair once work actually picks up.

it was roughly 430 bucks with tax. They also had a fair amount of stock too.

It was tricking you... the lighting in the Osaka store is really poor. The base denim is a dark brown/black and the doro is definitely a shade lighter blackish-brown.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the original Damask fleece is still available in stores, or has the season passed for fleece?

Jdsf

Reaction score
Gaah i hesitated and the denim ring coat is sold out in my size. Really hope there's another restock one of these days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics