• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like “dark theme” Kapital has for their latest Kountry month capsule. Just had the time to look at the pics on the Kap website. Makes for a nice change to all the color in the latest heavily hippie influenced lines.

I think the black bandana jacket would go very well with the new mud dies for a somewhat "toned down" Kap fit.

1613547850686.png

1613547911670.png

Last edited:

Dylan61

Reaction score
I really like “dark theme” Kapital has for their latest Kountry month capsule. Just had the time to look at the pics on the Kap website. Makes for a nice change to all the color in the latest heavily hippie influenced lines.

I think the black bandana jacket would go very well with the new mud dies for a toned down Kap fit.

View attachment 1556984
View attachment 1556985
I really like the new century denim, still skeptical about the fit but the color is definitely my favorite, does anyone know how to get one if I’m not living in Japan ?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the new century denim, still skeptical about the fit but the color is definitely my favorite, does anyone know how to get one if I’m not living in Japan ?

Proxy from Japan is the only way afaik. Or wait and hope that they’ll show up at a store outside of Japan. But then you will probably have to pay a huge markup, could be around double the price.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like how the doro Century turned out. Best color so far. I handled proxy for a few pairs this week. New leather patch is especially nice.

Nice to see you say something positive about current Kapital stuff for a change. ;)

I saw on your blog that you've had the 123s as well. How do you like that version and color? I've been trying to find a pair in my size for ages...

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Want a pair myself but the 400 bucks, dang so much to save for. I was gonna go to Osaka to check em out but I've been lazy. Maybe I'll go check it out this weekend since the temps gonna be back around 15. Do you know if they still have stock?

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Nice to see you say something positive about current Kapital stuff for a change. ;)

I saw on your blog that you've had the 123s as well. How do you like that version and color? I've been trying to find a pair in my size for ages...

I have had over 10 pairs of century denim even one of the first pairs of production samples. Not counting jackets. All of the colorways. I had a major part in the creation of century denim so I feel some affection for it (company aside).

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Want a pair myself but the 400 bucks, dang so much to save for. I was gonna go to Osaka to check em out but I've been lazy. Maybe I'll go check it out this weekend since the temps gonna be back around 15. Do you know if they still have stock?

They probably have stock. If not it will be restocked within a few weeks or so.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had over 10 pairs of century denim even one of the first pairs of production samples. Not counting jackets. All of the colorways. I had a major part in the creation of century denim so I feel some affection for it (company aside).

Awesome! So what's your thoughts on the 123s then?

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you tell us a little more about the creation of century denim? I'd be really interested to read about it, for one.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Could you tell us a little more about the creation of century denim? I'd be really interested to read about it, for one.

I have written about it at length on my blog since they first released century denim. There are multiple posts. There is only so much information they want public and I have pretty much put all of that out there.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Thanks - I thought I had read through your entire blog by now, but I guess I missed a few corners.

Actually you may have missed them since when I moved platforms a lot of my content was lost. ie the first ever English interview with Kiro and his dad, the original Century Denim article etc...

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You might have this on your blog but before I go look, I figure I'd ask. How the heck did you end up working for Kapital in that capacity as a foreigner? Sounds like it'd be a cool story.

Also thanks on the heads up. Maybe I'll wait on the restock actually.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads