• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly depends on what you're looking for. I haven't really liked the normal blue century denim in the past as it stands out too much, but I think they look a bit more muted/normal. Will be curious how they end up wearing out.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly depends on what you're looking for. I haven't really liked the normal blue century denim in the past as it stands out too much, but I think they look a bit more muted/normal. Will be curious how they end up wearing out.

You mean the 123s? I guess youre not a fan of the kakishibu and sumi versions then either...

Last edited:

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has a size 3 bandana sumi jacket in size 3 that wants to trade for my size 4 I’d be down!

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone has a size 3 bandana sumi jacket in size 3 that wants to trade for my size 4 I’d be down!

I might be interested in your size 4 if you can't find a trade. Let me know.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might be interested in your size 4 if you can't find a trade. Let me know.
I’ll probably keep it unless I get a price where I can just buy a 3 directly. It’s just a little long for me is all. But dm me. It still has tags and everything

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anybody know how bad the indigo bleed/transfer on the feather jacket is?

I wore my jacket for the first time the other day and I did get a little bit of blue hands by wearing it. Not as much as when wearing a brand new pair or raw denim or anything, but I guess it does bleed a bit after all.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope to get a Boro jacket myself this year. I hope the rerelease the blanket lined model again. I really like the idea of having at least one blanket jacket.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope to get a Boro jacket myself this year. I hope the rerelease the blanket lined model again. I really like the idea of having at least one blanket jacket.

To be clear, the jacket I was talking about above was the feather denim trucker. I've worn the boro jacket as well and there was no bleeding at all. ?

I wouldn't want the blanket lined version personally. Where I live it would be too cold for fall and winter and too hot for most of the other time of the year. Also, the blanket lined version would be way too hot to wear indoors as a "sweater". I just think I would get way less use out of it compared the the spring jacket version.

BTW, do they still make the blanket lined ones? Afaik they stopped making them several years ago and now only do the spring jacket version. @BandannAlmanac ?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW a few months ago I saw a second hand blanket lined Boro jacket on YJP go for more than the Japanese retail of a new one. So they seem to be very expensive even used. Ymmv of course.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boro this, boro that, when are you going to stop boro-ing money and get a job

The coincidence is that actually applies to me. Due to the pandemic, even though I finally got back to Japan, work has been postponed until the end of the state of emergency. Luckily my wife has been sugaring me with enough money to make food but not enough for boro. She won't let me boro for that...

To be clear, the jacket I was talking about above was the feather denim trucker. I've worn the boro jacket as well and there was no bleeding at all. ?

I wouldn't want the blanket lined version personally. Where I live it would be too cold for fall and winter and too hot for most of the other time of the year. Also, the blanket lined version would be way too hot to wear indoors as a "sweater". I just think I would get way less use out of it compared the the spring jacket version.

BTW, do they still make the blanket lined ones? Afaik they stopped making them several years ago and now only do the spring jacket version. @BandannAlmanac ?

I probably will end up getting the spring one if they don't rerelease the blanket lined version, but here in Japan it definitely works. Plus I run cold, ****** can wear outerwear until it's like 28 C. I got to save money anyway so I probably won't get it till fall due to the fact that once it's hot, it's only linen/shorts/t shirts here.

I often see certain Kapital pieces sell for way more than they should on YJP like century denim and boro stuff. I don't really understand why since you can easily go to the store or call them and get it shipped from the store too. like century going for more than its worth in store. Is this for like drop shippers or something?

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 12.50.30 AM.png

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah I saw that one on The Real Real after it sold and was astonished at the price as well. Must really be an exception to the rule since all used ones I’ve seen sell for way over jp retail.

If it feels any better, these jackets run very small so a size 3 wouldn’t fit you anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics