• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bandana one is, strangely, considerably smaller than the others. I have my bandana Kakashi packed away until spring, but I have the 4-Tone available. I'll take some measurements later tonight and post them here. ?

Only the chest measurement then?

Thanks. Can you give me the shoulder and length measurements too?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Can you give me the shoulder and length measurements too?

Alright, here goes. All measurements in cm. Let me know if you need anything else and I'll be happy to help out.

IMG_20210111_185556.jpg

IMG_20210111_185535.jpg
IMG_20210111_185502.jpg

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, looks like Kapital's measurements were pretty accurate and size 4 is too small for me. :(

If you don't mind me asking, are you a TTS large? Guessing you probably weight less than me (88.5 kg)

I am 6'1 and about 183 lbs. I tend to be a M or L, but more often an L. Size 4 usually works fine for me, sometimes even a 3.

Last edited:

fabledsnail

Reaction score
does anyone have a line on where to get the kapital x peter max fleece collection? I saw that mannahatta nyc is releasing at an unconfirmed date but not sure where else I could get it

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes Kapital’s sweatshirts? Is it loopwheeler? I feel like the quality is all over the place with them at the moment.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes Kapital’s sweatshirts? Is it loopwheeler? I feel like the quality is all over the place with them at the moment.

Loopwheeler isn't a maker they are a brand. Their products are made by other factories.

Kapital makes their own sweatshirts at their own cut-sew factory in Ehime. Kapital's sweats are of average quality nothing really spectacular to note.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
does anyone have a line on where to get the kapital x peter max fleece collection? I saw that mannahatta nyc is releasing at an unconfirmed date but not sure where else I could get it

Those were already released in Japan about 2 weeks ago. Pretty sure all the pink ones are gone.

Bukowskin

Reaction score
Loopwheeler isn't a maker they are a brand. Their products are made by other factories.

Kapital makes their own sweatshirts at their own cut-sew factory in Ehime. Kapital's sweats are of average quality nothing really spectacular to note.

Is everything Kapital does cut-n-sew?

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Cutsew in Japan means just jersey knits etc. Not cut and sewn, like in English. Basically meaning they use a serger or sewing machine that cuts and sews the fabric...
I only ask as I have an old Kapital sweater which would be equal in quality to my Buzz ones. I bought a smiley one from MR P and seriously thought it must be fake given the quality. ?‍♂️

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
I only ask as I have an old Kapital sweater which would be equal in quality to my Buzz ones. I bought a smiley one from MR P and seriously thought it must be fake given the quality. ?‍♂️

The smiley ones are a really cheap knit and the price reflects it. Old Kapital from 4-8 or so years ago had much better quality than they do nowadays. I have never owned a Buzz item so I can't compare but most of the repro brands use swatch card fabric. Standard stock stuff, same as Warehouse etc... Thats why the prices are usually around the 100 dollar mark in Japan.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay it's not my imagination, I went to the Kapital store, for the first time in a while since I moved to Kyoto and found a lot of the stuffs quality pretty average. I was disappointed because I have some stuff from like 8 to years ago that has great feel and weight.

A lot of the stuff baring some high ticket items, where pretty average feeling, espwxiat the sweats and fleeces. Nevertheless, I'm still a sucker for the century, boro, and scarves.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The smiley ones are a really cheap knit and the price reflects it. Old Kapital from 4-8 or so years ago had much better quality than they do nowadays. I have never owned a Buzz item so I can't compare but most of the repro brands use swatch card fabric. Standard stock stuff, same as Warehouse etc... Thats why the prices are usually around the 100 dollar mark in Japan.

Interesting. Would you say that the quality drop is across the board? Or are there still some type of pieces that hold the same quality as before? I would imagine that at least the boro stuff and century denims are the same for example...

supermang

Reaction score
I would generally agree that Kapital quality is really nothing special. Some pieces really do have some cool fabrics but most of the recent stuff seems to be just average material quality relative to the cost.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads