• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were responsive for a bit, about a month ago, and said they moved out of their B&M location, said they would get to bottom of it for me, then just ghosted. it's a bummer, I have been super understanding, these are not regular times, just would like an answer.
Damn that sucks. I ordered a ring coat from them a couple months ago I think. Didn’t have any issues with shipment. Maybe try and reach out through IG if you’re on it? Otherwise I agree charge back might be the only option now.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were responsive for a bit, about a month ago, and said they moved out of their B&M location, said they would get to bottom of it for me, then just ghosted. it's a bummer, I have been super understanding, these are not regular times, just would like an answer.

Oh dang they moved out of their retail location, coronavirus must have hit them hard, they literally just moved from their small spot off of Oak street into the west loop. I guess that is why they are appointment only right now.

denimbubu

Reaction score
has anyone ordered from Independence Chicago lately? I bought the bandana compressed wool scarf from them at the end of August, it never shipped, and I haven't been able to get anyone to respond to emails for the past couple weeks.

id definitely ask them to cancel. Same happened to me and it was "shipped" on 9/30. Could only get in touch on IG, and that person had someone email me back. But it was the same runaround. Read one of the reviews on google. A person had the same experience. I wish i googled reviews because the sale was too good to be true.

If i shop there, it would only be in person. Good luck.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for anybody that's used ZenMarket recently: What should I expect shipping costs to be for one or two items? Nothing crazy heavy, maybe denim and socks or a scarf. Searched the thread, but couldn't find an answer! TIA

illiterate

Reaction score
Question for anybody that's used ZenMarket recently: What should I expect shipping costs to be for one or two items? Nothing crazy heavy, maybe denim and socks or a scarf. Searched the thread, but couldn't find an answer! TIA
They have a shipping estimator that is somewhat accurate. It just really depends how they repackage your items and what service you use (EMS vs DHL/FedEx/UPS).

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of snow peak chacos using ZM a couple weeks ago, and almost all of the shipping options were not available due to covid restrictions, just a heads-up. not sure if that's changed.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a tall ring coat i bought was packed with the following dimensions:

40cm × 37cm × 21cm - 2465g

this cost ¥5200 via ems

-

a nike tech fleece hoodie i bought was packed with these dimensions:

36cm × 30cm × 3cm - 660g

this cost ¥2360 via ems

-

ems was the cheapest option both times, and they were shipped to california

hope this helps

Reaction score
quick update, the IG idea worked, got an immediate answer, they canceled the order. thanks SF!

Just wanted to chime in on Independence - Ordered a ring coat on the 20th, got a tracking number two days later, but no activity. So I started following up (emails, calls, etc) and nothing. Finally after reaching out on IG I was put in touch with the manager of the store. He was helpful, then disappeared.

I followed up again at the end of last week asking what was up and he was like "we actually oversold your coat". He was helpful and offered to replace the denim ring coat I ordered with any in stock ring coat or the denim F/W that will be in stock in a month (I took the the in stock melton wool).

So now I wait and hope they ship it without incident.

Reaction score
What is the story with Independence? I always thought they were reputable. Is this Covid related or a different issue?

When I posted about my issues on Reddit, someone told me shipping was an issue even pre-covid. Never purchased anything from them before, but sounds like maybe some organization issues were amplified by covid.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I posted about my issues on Reddit, someone told me shipping was an issue even pre-covid. Never purchased anything from them before, but sounds like maybe some organization issues were amplified by covid.
Ok. I placed a phone order with them one time maybe three years ago. Everything went fine. I thought about placing another order during the recent sale, but never got around to it. I will sit tight and see how things go. Hope they turn things around.

Reaction score
Ok. I placed a phone order with them one time maybe three years ago. Everything went fine. I thought about placing another order during the recent sale, but never got around to it. I will sit tight and see how things go. Hope they turn things around.

I would have just smooth canceled my order but it was such a good price on a ring coat... then swapping out the denim one for a melton wool was too good to pass up. Can always charge back later but plan to just keep following up and being patient.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads