• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the Cisco is made in their new jeans/pants still so I would like to believe they are :(

I can't seem to find any Cisco fit thats not a monkey cisco fit on the Kapital webstore though... All seem to be Monkeys ?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dunno buddy, think I would wear the shirt more than the jacket...
The shirt is less of a shirt, and more of a shirt jacket. The lining and the material itself feels pretty substantial, and feels sort of tacky when you start to sweat in it. This makes it also necessary to wear an undershirt. Plus as cool as something is, mentally a 1000 dollar shirt feels less permissible than some 1000 dollar jacket haha.

frankly the boro cropped pants I tried were cool, but did not feel comfy to wear. I canโ€™t imagine the shirt is either unless the lining is different. Iโ€™d rather take the blanket lined jacket.

i_deliver_tofu

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any Cisco fit thats not a monkey cisco fit on the Kapital webstore though... All seem to be Monkeys ?
Maybe I'm just looking at the translation wrong. I'll just wait and see the restocks :(

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from WAYWT thread. Cooler weather so I can break in the ring coat that finally came in. Mixed in here with Sugarcane jeans, RRL shirt, and White's horse hide bounty hunters. A bit of East meets West.

Attachments

• IMG_20200915_125324657.jpg
    IMG_20200915_125324657.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 126

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from WAYWT thread. Cooler weather so I can break in the ring coat that finally came in. Mixed in here with Sugarcane jeans, RRL shirt, and White's horse hide bounty hunters. A bit of East meets West.
Fit looks good. Cool pot in the back.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you like the ripstop? Or do you still want the katsuragi version?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like the ripstop? Or do you still want the katsuragi version?

I like it. It is a nice dark khaki which will not show much dirt but I expect will fade a bit. The material drapes nicely. Since I live in the South, this weight will probably get a lot more wear than something much heavier. I also wanted this jacket as I think it will make a good travel jacket as you can layer it and the pockets make for a great man purse.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it. It is a nice dark khaki which will not show much dirt but I expect will fade a bit. The material drapes nicely. Since I live in the South, this weight will probably get a lot more wear than something much heavier. I also wanted this jacket as I think it will make a good travel jacket as you can layer it and the pockets make for a great man purse.
It's a great travel jacket. You can put so much stuff in it/under it. Except I had the feeling some people thought I was homeless.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jacket looks good, glad my rec worked out. :)

Wait you said dark khaki? So the jacket is darker than it looks in the pic? I was debating getting the gold or the green alpine ripstop ring coat. I need some non-tapered jeans though, only 1 pair fit me now and it tapers to a 7" hem. I probably need something around 8" hem.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a great travel jacket. You can put so much stuff in it/under it. Except I had the feeling some people thought I was homeless.

That's a good point. As long as customs doesn't give you a hard time when you are trying to enter a country, you should be alright.

One thing I did notice between this one and the one I got from Grailed is that this one has the ties which makes it infinitely more practical as I can't imagine actually using the buttons but a tie will be used.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a good point. As long as customs doesn't give you a hard time when you are trying to enter a country, you should be alright.

One thing I did notice between this one and the one I got from Grailed is that this one has the ties which makes it infinitely more practical as I can't imagine actually using the buttons but a tie will be used.
AFAIK all ring coats should have ties.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket looks good, glad my rec worked out. :)

Wait you said dark khaki? So the jacket is darker than it looks in the pic? I was debating getting the gold or the green alpine ripstop ring coat. I need some non-tapered jeans though, only 1 pair fit me now and it tapers to a 7" hem. I probably need something around 8" hem.

This is the gold and I think the color is a slightly darker khaki than some of the lighter tans. I think the picture is pretty true.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AFAIK all ring coats should have ties.

Interesting. They I guess they were missing from the one that I got in Grailed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads