• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting for video of you wearing it and JMM sunglasses doing push-ups

Along with John Lofgren boots and I think I can squeeze a Fine Creek leather jacket underneath.

looseandwavey

Reaction score
Talking of size 3 ring coats, I've got one I'm looking to sell. Its a long Katsuragi cotton one in khaki. Looking for $300 plus shipping from the UK. photos here

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The sad part is its been a real mild winter here and I havnt worn ring coat once.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well seller is willing to accept $320 shipped for the khaki rigng coat. That color according to Kapital is the green and not what golden.

Worth it for a jacket I'm not sure will fit?

So, jacket arrived yesterday. I like the fit and look but the jacket was NOT "gently used". There are stains and wear throughout and even a two inch tear in the pocket that someone mended. But at least I know I like that size.

I really like the dark green "khaki" (not the lighter ripstop), I think it reminds me of my old BDU jacket. I will see if my buddy in Japan can find me one.

I think I will get this cardigan though. The shorter one will be easier to style and use as a layer. The longer version is more bathrobe-y.

Samir

Reaction score
For anyone with the quilted Big Sweatshirt, how wide are the sleeves? I know it's oversized but trying to figure out how baggy the fit would be as a true XS/S in a size 1.

Specifically this cut previously sold at @shopcanoeclub.

Last edited:

VinceCompost

Reaction score
For those considering the purchase of a ringcoat, I found this article pretty informative:

(Apologies if this has already been posted, but as much as I like Kapital, I couldn't quite bring myself to wade through the entire thread).

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those considering the purchase of a ringcoat, I found this article pretty informative:

(Apologies if this has already been posted, but as much as I like Kapital, I couldn't quite bring myself to wade through the entire thread).

Yeah, except he says that he is 6'0'', wears a size S and could even do an XS (!). Crazy talk. Embrace the oversized fit is what I say.

Here's another good review from SF member @d4nimal:

VinceCompost

Reaction score
The article is a couple of years old, and oversize has only really become a thing since about then. But yeah, point taken.

For those who have experience with more than one ringcoat, does sizing appear to be consistent throughout the different models/variations?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The article is a couple of years old, and oversize has only really become a thing since about then. But yeah, point taken.

For those who have experience with more than one ringcoat, does sizing appear to be consistent throughout the different models/variations?

Oversize of ring coats has always been a thing. It's the way it's designed and intended to fit.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get a feeling that ring coats going to be one of those things we look back on and laugh that we wore it.. Maybe 4 years from now.. Dunno I still love mine.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get a feeling that ring coats going to be one of those things we look back on and laugh that we wore it.. Maybe 4 years from now.. Dunno I still love mine.

Interesting thought. Why do you think so?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found my Ring Coat (bought from Kamote Joe on here) to be just not quite what I want. I have plenty of Kapital stuff but I just didn't find myself reaching for it when I went out. It's not warm enough for when it's really cold, and it's a bit too all-encompassing, fiddly and uncomfortable the rest of the time. It's almost like it wears you rather than the other way around. Maybe the jacket-length version would feel different. Anyway, it's a Size 1, perfect condition, olive green cotton and currently on sale on Gr*iled...

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my ring coat. Because I can fit 3 layers under it but I will say on its own my denim version is no thicker than a denim jacket.

Although its really fiddly, my particular version can be worn in so many ways and is heavy as heck. It has an attached wool scarf, a ton of d rings and hooks. It can get tiring wearing it for long periods especially on my neck haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads