• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could do either size, but would suggest a 3 -- they will both be oversized. If you have very long arms, however, I would error on the side of the size 4.

Slightly on the longer side, I wear a 35 sleeve.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Patek depending on how much the 2nd one comes out to with shipping it may be worth it to just buy direct from Kapital with a proxy like zenmarket, especially if that isn't the color you want. Brand new ring coats are like $380, the green is available in ripstop. Zenmarket is an affiliate here, they may have a 1st time customer discount.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Patek depending on how much the 2nd one comes out to with shipping it may be worth it to just buy direct from Kapital with a proxy like zenmarket, especially if that isn't the color you want. Brand new ring coats are like $380, the green is available in ripstop. Zenmarket is an affiliate here, they may have a 1st time customer discount.

$340 was the total shipped price but I agree that it is not that good of a price. Plus Kapital is OOS. I don't like the shade of that green, maybe it is just the picture?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was not able to open your links.

Just a suggestion. Consider buying from a US shop that allows returns or exchanges. The Ring is a peculiar jacket that does not always work for people once they try it on.

I like it, but it is unlike other things you likely have. Plus, based on fits you have posted, you tend to wear fitted clothes. The Ring is anything but fitted. And don’t even try to size down to take out the volume.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And don’t even try to size down to take out the volume.

This times 1000. The ring coat is made to be big and loose. Trying to size down to make it look fitted would just look silly.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was not able to open your links.

Just a suggestion. Consider buying from a US shop that allows returns or exchanges. The Ring is a peculiar jacket that does not always work for people once they try it on.

I like it, but it is unlike other things you likely have. Plus, based on fits you have posted, you tend to wear fitted clothes. The Ring is anything but fitted. And don’t even try to size down to take out the volume.

You have to edit the links as the site they link too is not SF compliant. They link to a popular US second hand site that rhymes with bailed.

Thank you for your concern on fit. However, I obviously understand this jacket and how it is intended to be worn.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am interested in the ring coat. Any sense of what a gnetly used one should go for? I am a size 44 6'1", am I a size 3 or 4?
Thanks.

I would probably do a 4.

I'm 5'10" and have a 38 chest. I wear a size 2 in the Ring Coat.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am interested in the ring coat. Any sense of what a gnetly used one should go for? I am a size 44 6'1", am I a size 3 or 4?
Thanks.
You could do either size, but would suggest a 3 -- they will both be oversized. If you have very long arms, however, I would error on the side of the size 4.

Do they even make ring coats in size 4? I've never seen one...

I am 6'1'' as well and I just recently bought a size 3. I wouldn't go larger than that. I've seen a lot of people size down one as well, so ymmv.

This is an example of how Kapital themselves fit the ring coat. I like this kind of fit myself:

1596655981157.png

As for price, it depends on which version you want. Some have a higher retail price than others (for example, wool ones are more expensive than cotton ones). And of course, if you're looking for a used one, some will be more sought after than others, which will affect the price.

Last edited:

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a 4 but not in a color I think I would/could rock:

Here is a 3 in a more normal color. Seller is willing to take $340. Thoughts? I would prefer the green but this color is not bad.

I am am unconvinced this is actually a size 4 since there is no pic of the size label. My guess is that the seller just chose the size "XL" on Gr*iled and then got the "size 4" automatically for the listing.

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
I believe the largest ring coats they make are size 3. I did some serious research before I bought mine. I purchased directly from Kapital through zenmarket. I was somewhere around $400 when it was all said and done.

I am 5'11" 225 lbs, muscular build plus some extra fat, with 35 inch arm length and the size 3 fits me.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I believe they only make ring coats in size 3. I did some serious research before I bought mine. I purchased directly from Kapital through zenmarket. I was somewhere around $400 when it was all said and done.

I am 5'11" 225 lbs, muscular build plus some extra fat, with 35 inch arm length and the size 3 fits me.

They definitely make them in a size 2, as I own one. I know they also make a size 1, as I've tried it on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads