• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of the recent iterations of the 14 oz denim 5P monkey Cisco jeans? Any comment on fit and sizing?

On-line measurements at different shops show a variation of about 2 inches in the waist for the same size. For example, the size 36 is listed anywhere from 34” to 36” measured. Quite a difference.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the sweatshirts and Tenjiku bandana huge T really as cropped as the measurements suggest? They only seem to make them up to size 3 and their measurements show it as 26" long. It'd barely cover my belt line.

So I just measured one of my huge Ts -- and from the back neckline to the bottom is 29". That was a size 3. So probably the measurements are wrong.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry autocorrect changed it haha prefaded is what I meant haha

Yeah that's what I thought happened, heh. But what don't you like about washed denim? Are you an I-only-wear-denim-I've-faded-myself-through-wear-raw-denim kinda guy?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Naw, I don't believe in that gate keeping BS, most of those raw denim boiz have the ugly death metal band name fades I hate.

I just don't love light blue all that much, I have raw denim and haven't gotten a single one down to the light blue section, I do have a vintage jacked that is so faded, it's almost white though, but it has a lot of dark indigo patches that add some visual complexity.

Maybe I'm not a fan of pastel-ish colors? Dunno, I'd have to see it in person me thinks.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naw, I don't believe in that gate keeping BS, most of those raw denim boiz have the ugly death metal band name fades I hate.

I just don't love light blue all that much, I have raw denim and haven't gotten a single one down to the light blue section, I do have a vintage jacked that is so faded, it's almost white though, but it has a lot of dark indigo patches that add some visual complexity.

Maybe I'm not a fan of pastel-ish colors? Dunno, I'd have to see it in person me thinks.

You don't like light blue shirts?? Dude, don't ever venture over to the CM side of the forum. ?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I mentioned the sukiyaki shirt in here and the should I buy thread, together with pics from Standard and Strange, their whole stock has sold out. Just a week ago they had a size 2, 3 and 4 in stock.

Coincidence? I mean, it is a $500+ shirt after all. ?

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't like light blue shirts?? Dude, don't ever venture over to the CM side of the forum. ?

The light blue Oxford. My true enemy.

I will say the sukiyaki shirt is awesome looking to me but I need to try one on first haha

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The light blue Oxford. My true enemy.

Cornflower blue...

tumblr_ncmmuuKGkK1tus001o1_1280.jpg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am interested in the ring coat. Any sense of what a gnetly used one should go for? I am a size 44 6'1", am I a size 3 or 4?
Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads