• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

dangerous

Reaction score
Nice to see some activity here. I had a few users ask me how the century denim looks in the sun, so I snapped this. It's not a perfect combo, and it's not an outfit "picked out perfectly to show my perfect sense of style" but rather just whatever I had close by.

5q3acS3.jpg

It's in direct sunlight. No. 5 pants and No.7 jacket.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell0 ?

Super newbie here (also new to Kapital), not sure if this is the right place for an introduction/questions but here goes:

1. (Kapital Community question) Given Kapital's notoriety, im really surprised to not find a following/community for this brand anywhere, am i missing something? The only place i really see it being discussed is here.
  • theres random posts sprinkled about on reddit under japanesestreetwear (but no dedicated subreddit),
  • same on superfuture but less, mainly the kapital jeans thread.
  • bandanna almanac's blog posts
  • no dedicated subforum anywhere.
  • I'm wondering if there are japanese websites/communities i dont know about because they arent in english?
2. (Styleforum/Kapital community question) No Kapital Wiki at the top of this thread? (or anywhere hah). Useful information about navigating the brand n its offerings and ownership advice like fits n sizing etc etc. (obviously a lot of those things can be subjective but i mean more broader info thats widely known or accepted, ex. century denim factoids). i imagine theres lots of new people interested in the brand (like me) asking questions that have been answered before. Hopefully this post doesnt contain a bunch of them. but to do my due diligence and try to avoid that- i read through the 110 previous pages of this thread.... yeah ... ive got a problem :|

3. (Secondhand question) Are there other/better places than YahooAuctions / Mercari / Rakuten / grailed (bleh) to find second hand Kapital clothing? ive gone through pretty much all of those, i also dont see Kapital pop up much in Japan thrift shops (maybe im going to the wrong ones). I'm also surprised that there isnt more of a thriving community of second hand selling anywhere i can find.

4. (Century Denim question) usage and ymmv testimonials on owning century denim. how long ppl have gone w/o a wash, or soak. what kind of soak/process, and the resulting fading/patina each of the century denim washes age with. and pictures.

5. (Regional question) Anyone else here in Japan?

6. Are you not supposed to wash the bandannas until you've broken them in? Lmao. half kidding. no but seriously asking for a friend.

Thanks ya'll, apologies for my poor writing and wall of text. Thanks to everyone keeping a community alive w/ the posts for others to find.

i can give a few answers:
1. i think nowadays people just wear stuff on Instagram instead of talking about it
2. new people asking the same questions over and over is sort of the styleforum way
6. hah are the bandanas supposed to fade or something? I've never heard anything. I wash mine every once in a while and i have not noticed any change to it.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For #6 - I have 3 bandanas and just wash them on cold and let them air dry. Haven't seen any fading or any other issues really. Not quite sure how one would "break in" to be honest.

Reaction score
i can give a few answers:
1. i think nowadays people just wear stuff on Instagram instead of talking about it
2. new people asking the same questions over and over is sort of the styleforum way
6. hah are the bandanas supposed to fade or something? I've never heard anything. I wash mine every once in a while and i have not noticed any change to it.

1. yeah that makes sense, i guess its only century denim mainly that might warrant more discussion for upkeep n wear.
2. lol
6. was just ******* around but on the off chance i missed something heh

Crandnew

Reaction score
I have that exact shirt. I am typically a 2 in kapital and got my usual size. The arms and shoulders are rather slim, and keep in mind the buttoning options lead to the measurements in the chest being misleading. Mine fits perfectly tts. It gets way slimmer around the lower chest when buttoned to the side.

So I am normally a size 4 in Kapital tops (6'1 and 183 lbs). But looking at the measurements of the denim sukiyaki shirt from this season I feel as though a size 3 would be better. Or is there anything about the sizing of this style of shirt that I am missing? Size 4 seems huge p2p...

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that exact shirt. I typically a 2 in kapital and got my usual size. The arms and shoulders are rather slim, and keep in mind the buttoning options lead to the measurements in the chest being misleading. Mine fits perfectly tts. It gets way slimmer around the lower chest when buttoned you the side.

Thanks for letting me know. Which one do you have? The current washed denim one?

I asked about the washed denim one in the "Should I buy" thread, but most people seemed to think that it was too strange/bad to buy. I think I like it. Maybe a lot. Hard to say without trying it on though...

Crandnew

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. Which one do you have? The current washed denim one?

I asked about the washed denim one in the "Should I buy" thread, but most people seemed to think that it was too strange/bad to buy. I think I like it. Maybe a lot. Hard to say without trying it on though...

I have the indigo damaged one that was pictures in your post. It definitely looks weird not on a person. I prefer to wear mine buttoned to the side with one of the three buttons on the bottom buttoned. Created an interesting silhouette.

The wash is better looking in person, and doesn’t look so odd on body. Very underrated kapital piece imo.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the indigo damaged one that was pictures in your post. It definitely looks weird not on a person. I prefer to wear mine buttoned to the side with one of the three buttons on the bottom buttoned. Created an interesting silhouette.

The wash is better looking in person, and doesn’t look so odd on body. Very underrated kapital piece imo.

Yeah, I can't really put my finger on why I like it. As I said in the other thread, the shirt is either genious or madness (or both). Or maybe it's just plain bad after all... But then again, that's the whole Kapital essence, right? So should be all good.

Anyway, if I usually take a size 4 in Kakashis and the Jubbahn shirt, I should do the same size in this shirt as well in your opinion?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the shirt but I don’t love the prefaced denim look, I’d rather get some in a different dye or one of the patched up kountry versions. Either that or dunk dye/tie dye that thing.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the shirt but I don’t love the prefaced denim look, I’d rather get some in a different dye or one of the patched up kountry versions. Either that or dunk dye/tie dye that thing.

Prefaced denim? You mean the washed thing? Whats not to like?;)

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the sweatshirts and Tenjiku bandana huge T really as cropped as the measurements suggest? They only seem to make them up to size 3 and their measurements show it as 26" long. It'd barely cover my belt line.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the sweatshirts and Tenjiku bandana huge T really as cropped as the measurements suggest? They only seem to make them up to size 3 and their measurements show it as 26" long. It'd barely cover my belt line.

When I get home tomorrow I can take some measurements on mine (size 3). I'm 6'0 and it doesn't seem particularly cropped when I wear it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads