• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cisco is basically a high rise tapered cut with room in the thighs.

I know that blue button shop have charts on most models, but the Okabilly was not there.

So cisco is more of a traditional 1947 501 design? Whereas okabilly is more slim fit?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm forgetting what cut I have for my century denim. I think it's Cisco which at size 34 it basically is almost 1 for 1 the same as my size 34 vintage lee riders (70s era with talon zip). It's like a 12 inch rise, roomy thighs with a slight taper.

The okabilly, has a super long rise, you can wear it high or sorta like a drop crotch. At least that's how it fits with my okabilly denim. Then again it maybe called okagilly. The fit names all confuse me haha.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm forgetting what cut I have for my century denim. I think it's Cisco which at size 34 it basically is almost 1 for 1 the same as my size 34 vintage lee riders (70s era with talon zip). It's like a 12 inch rise, roomy thighs with a slight taper.

The okabilly, has a super long rise, you can wear it high or sorta like a drop crotch. At least that's how it fits with my okabilly denim. Then again it maybe called okagilly. The fit names all confuse me haha.

And I still need to size up one right? If I normally take a size 33-34 waist, then I should do a size 36 in the 1-2-3s? Or even a size 38 to account for shrinkage?

dangerous

Reaction score
Anyone? ☝

Standard & Strange got a great size chart for the1-2-3.s

Look that up and compare with a pair you already have.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Standard & Strange got a great size chart for the1-2-3.s

Look that up and compare with a pair you already have.

Of course, but I was thinking about shrinkage. These are unsanforized right?

dangerous

Reaction score
Of course, but I was thinking about shrinkage. These are unsanforized right?

Mine shrinked very little. They are currently at the tailor so I can't measure, but they are sewn in a way that they don't really shrink.

Most sites got "expect minimal shrink", and I did not experience any on mine that did not stretch back.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With my pairs of Kakishibu and Asagi neither shrunk even a little. I wash everything cold. Also I generally wear a 32 but sized up to a 34. True waist size fluctuates between a 33.5 and 34 inches.

The okagilly fit I could've went down to a 32 tho, it ended up being loose and I took it in a bit at a local tailor that can easily do denim.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much are 1-2-3 and no 7 century denims if purchased from retailer in Japan?

How come there are none on the Kapital website? Are they a seasonal item?

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
How much are 1-2-3 and no 7 century denims if purchased from retailer in Japan?

How come there are none on the Kapital website? Are they a seasonal item?

IIRC they're 38,800 JPY + tax. I haven't seen any century denim on their website (nor their century denim international webstore) for a while but when I visited last year they seemed to have all the century denims stocked in physical stores. Seems to be something that only can be picked up in store now but not sure if that's the case.

supermang

Reaction score
1594859342558.png

Copped this long sleeve tee just to mess around with this new Ashbury dyed stuff. Super cool in person!

Now I'm gonna have to buy more Kap tie dye

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC they're 38,800 JPY + tax. I haven't seen any century denim on their website (nor their century denim international webstore) for a while but when I visited last year they seemed to have all the century denims stocked in physical stores. Seems to be something that only can be picked up in store now but not sure if that's the case.

Any idea what the no 7 and 5 cost in Japan?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember they were like 28k yen. Although I can’t remember correctly but they were definitely in the below 300 dollars range.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember they were like 28k yen. Although I can’t remember correctly but they were definitely in the below 300 dollars range.

Have you seen them in the kap webstore recently? Anywhere else to source them from jp?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as I remember they have been an in store only item. They are easily available at most Kapital stores. The issue is that Kapital is only sold in Kapital stores so you won’t find them online unless they are used on yahoo auctions or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads