• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that site legit? I can't put my finger on it but it looks kind of suspect.

Just an update on my fashionship fashionshipment -- came in today and seems legit to my untrained eye (can't tell the difference between tags, etc, and all my other kapital):

yw4lLdf.jpg

4RRXXSE.jpg

WuXXFbf.jpg

O9XmHs7.jpg

sQvvuoZ.jpg

NJMOPnK.jpg

bgHYxZ3.jpg

This furoshiki kakashi is the bomb dot com. So good.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an update on my fashionship fashionshipment -- came in today and seems legit to my untrained eye (can't tell the difference between tags, etc, and all my other kapital):

yw4lLdf.jpg

4RRXXSE.jpg

WuXXFbf.jpg

O9XmHs7.jpg

sQvvuoZ.jpg

NJMOPnK.jpg

bgHYxZ3.jpg

This furoshiki kakashi is the bomb dot com. So good.

Congrats! Great pickups. How does fashionship handle customs and taxes info? Any way that you can edit that stuff?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Great pickups. How does fashionship handle customs and taxes info? Any way that you can edit that stuff?

Honestly I don't know. I put in the order and it got shipped out via DHL. Did not get any customs charges or anything like that.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don't know. I put in the order and it got shipped out via DHL. Did not get any customs charges or anything like that.

I guess there was no option on the fashionship site to edit the customs info? I know some other proxies have this option...

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't see anything, but then again I was not looking particularly hard for it ...

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this "standard" wool ring coat in khaki/green on yahoo auctions, but I can't figure out if this composition is the regular one. Afaik the wool version is made out of 90% wool and 10% synthetics. This one is slightly different. Any one knows if there's any "real" difference between the two? I assume it's a legit Kapital piece...

i-img886x886-1586954690jetgfn461293.jpg

Two Shoes

Reaction score
What other brands do people like to mix with Kapital? What other brands share a similar aesthetic?

I'm looking for stuff that's loose, super comfy, earth-toned, indigo, etc.

I have a bunch of stuff from these guys (below) and the cuts and materials are great but the construction is sloppy. It's not uncommon for seams to come apart, etc.

In-house "Dr. Collectors" brand...

Any other ideas?

pgrim91

Reaction score
As a disclaimer, most of my kapital stuff is pretty tame: a couple of ring coats, some long sleeves, some jeans, and an indigo farmer/hospital jacket.

I like to mix my kapital with shirts, shorts, and pants from corridor. Corridor is definitely more "regular" clothing than kapital, but they have some looser fits and some fabric that really works for me. As far as shoes, I have some suede astorflex chelsea boots that are slouchy enough now (not sure if this was intentional, lol) that they look good with all the folds and drapes of the ring coats. Otherwise I have some vintage flannels that look good in fall/winter, and a tanuki jean jacket that works year round. Oh, also, I have a christopher raeburn rain camo jacket that works well with kapital stuff.

My wardrobe in general is isolated in sections, so I will sometimes just wear kapital head to toe, and haven't paired it much with some of the menswear/streetwear/techwear pieces I own, like a dries van noten bomber or my camoshita stuff. However, I have a green canvas snufkin bag that goes with pretty much any non-formal outfit year round (it's my favorite bag).

Beyond the things I own, I know a lot of folks mix with nepenthes/EG/South2West8. Mixed in with their streetwear styles, wtaps has some shirts and pants that would be a good match. Also, the brand puebco make reconstructed military garments that seem to be a good fit. I am interested in getting my hands on some Bode to use with kapital in fits, but the price makes me flinch a bit (I buy almost all my kapital secondhand).

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
Mostly Nepenthes label brands: Needles, AiE, some Engineered Garments, and South2West8 for quick and easy synergy. Most things vintage will vibe with Kapital's take on Americana.

Some brands I've personally worn Kapital with are Bode, Craig Green, Nicholas Daley, and Our Legacy.

Two Shoes

Reaction score
Awesome guys, thank you. That gives me some great places to start looking. Much appreciated.

However, I have a green canvas snufkin bag that goes with pretty much any non-formal outfit year round (it's my favorite bag).

I have the same snufkin bag and it has gone around the world with me. My favorite bag, too!

Mostly Nepenthes label brands: Needles, AiE, some Engineered Garments, and South2West8 for quick and easy synergy. Most things vintage will vibe with Kapital's take on Americana.

Some brands I've personally worn Kapital with are Bode, Craig Green, Nicholas Daley, and Our Legacy.

Thanks Joe!

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm totally crazy about kapital especially the cowboy leaning stuff. Brands I have multiple pieces of Mister Freedom, Tender Co, Story Mfg. I also have a bunch of random brands, studio D'Artisan, Oslow, Graph Zero, Dr Collector, Motiv, Sacai, Nigel Cabourn, Rios of Mercedes, Alden, Visvim. A lot of vintage militaria, western, and americana. Most everything I have resonates with those three or things that touch with my Catholic Mexican upbringing always tickles me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads