• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dammit that Kakashi with pockets on the back shoulders never ever pop up used in Japan..

maregmareg

Reaction score
Speaking about kakashi.. also got this one up for grabs, size 3
E30A8D49-B6D5-4C2D-ADCF-BE053B8E1910.jpeg

dangerous

Reaction score
Anyone got any experience of the century denim? The Cisco fit.

It should fit like a pair I have, but the waist is quite a bit higher than my Momotaros that are quite tight - they should fit better.

Anything to consider? Do they shrink a lot in washes?

I'm basically a "perfect" 34 pre-wash. I don't know if I'm ready to plunge on a pair if they will shrink post-wash. Do they stretch out again? Any info on the century denim?

planetarium

Reaction score
Anyone got any experience of the century denim? The Cisco fit.

It should fit like a pair I have, but the waist is quite a bit higher than my Momotaros that are quite tight - they should fit better.

Anything to consider? Do they shrink a lot in washes?

I'm basically a "perfect" 34 pre-wash. I don't know if I'm ready to plunge on a pair if they will shrink post-wash. Do they stretch out again? Any info on the century denim?
The most important thing to know about the century denim is that it is sewn with the fabric 90 degrees off from how most denim is sewn; the waist and length will not change much, but the leg/seat width can come down a LOT with washing, even without using a dryer. I have two Okabilly cut pairs that were loose-ish before and now they are quite form-fitting. Buy them generously sized.

dangerous

Reaction score
The most important thing to know about the century denim is that it is sewn with the fabric 90 degrees off from how most denim is sewn; the waist and length will not change much, but the leg/seat width can come down a LOT with washing, even without using a dryer. I have two Okabilly cut pairs that were loose-ish before and now they are quite form-fitting. Buy them generously sized.

How much are we talking about in shrink? half an inch?

I think the Okabilly cut is the one that looks the best; the cisco seems to have way too little taper for my liking, and stone too much.

planetarium

Reaction score
How much are we talking about in shrink? half an inch?

I think the Okabilly cut is the one that looks the best; the cisco seems to have way too little taper for my liking, and stone too much.
Okabilly is more tapered than Cisco, but has more room in the seat. The Cisco fits me well in other denim, but not in the century; I find that it rides up. As for the shrink, it could be .25-.5 of an inch, but when you're dealing with width that's a much bigger deal than length.

dangerous

Reaction score
Okabilly is more tapered than Cisco, but has more room in the seat. The Cisco fits me well in other denim, but not in the century; I find that it rides up. As for the shrink, it could be .25-.5 of an inch, but when you're dealing with width that's a much bigger deal than length.

Yeah, I meant the other way around. It would probably be a good idea to try them on but I won't get the chance.

Do you have any worn in pictures? It looks really cardboard-esque in the butt on most pictures.

planetarium

Reaction score
Yeah, I meant the other way around. It would probably be a good idea to try them on but I won't get the chance.

Do you have any worn in pictures? It looks really cardboard-esque in the butt on most pictures.
Not at the moment. It is a very stiff fabric at first so size up and you'll be fine for that and for washing.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
outside of the ring coat, what are some other classic / must haves of kapital?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads