• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does kapital online store run sales? was planning to use zenmarket to buy a ring jacket.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does kapital online store run sales? was planning to use zenmarket to buy a ring jacket.

I don't think so, I haven't seen one in the couple years I've followed the brand. The stuff that doesn't sell out they throw in the backroom and put in those lucky boxes or whatever they're called.

badeggcat

Reaction score
Don’t think ring coat goes on sale in Japan as it’s not a seasonal design. Visiting the stores, you’ll notice that some of the stuff are available all year round.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx. I’m eyeing the 2 cotton jackets. Ripstop and Katsurugi. Could someone who has experience with them comment on the versatility and usage for both in a mild, temperate climate? (Northern Cali)

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx. I’m eyeing the 2 cotton jackets. Ripstop and Katsurugi. Could someone who has experience with them comment on the versatility and usage for both in a mild, temperate climate? (Northern Cali)
I have katsurugi cotton. Totally appropriate for northern Cali weather. With light layering I'd take it down into the 40s probably, but I run a little hot.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no green katsurugi on the online web store :(
anyone had experience with the ripstop ring jacket?

maregmareg

Reaction score
anyone interested in yellow Kapital Surf hoodie? brand new without tags. looking for 125$ + shipping and paypal fee

ricebomb

Reaction score
Kindly asking if I may get some input on whether this seems to be a proper fit for the Ring Coat or not. First time purchasing and trying on a Kapital piece, so not too knowledgeable with what's considered a "proper" fit for it in terms of looseness and oversized. Randomly threw it over some denim and boots for a quick reference pic.

Attachments

• 20200115_134049.jpg
    20200115_134049.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 198

dangerous

Reaction score
I would say it should be a bit larger due to it supposed to being worn oversized. I got a size 2, and I'm a 48/50 euro, and a friend who is of similar size got sized to a size 3 in a Kapital shop in Japan.

I think it looks a bit short in the arms and really skinny, but if you want to go for a tight fit, that's great.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no green katsurugi on the online web store :(
anyone had experience with the ripstop ring jacket?
You can find a katsurugi around used resale sites not infrequently. I have one in size 1 I'm selling and someone else here was selling a 2 I believe, both in dark khaki.

Kindly asking if I may get some input on whether this seems to be a proper fit for the Ring Coat or not. First time purchasing and trying on a Kapital piece, so not too knowledgeable with what's considered a "proper" fit for it in terms of looseness and oversized. Randomly threw it over some denim and boots for a quick reference pic.
Overall I think its a good fit, though I would wager the cuffs might feel better on you a size up looking at where the sleeves end on your wrists (the cuffs ride higher than that). I have both a size 1 and a 2 myself, and both of them fit okay as well except for the sleeves. I prefer the slightly larger one, but not by much. I've seen people wear Ring Coats from anywhere at almost a standard jacket fit to oversized - I wouldn't say there's a strictly "proper" way to do it, though it's intended to be oversized.

ricebomb

Reaction score
Thanks for all the helpful advice everyone. Seems like the general consensus is that if going for a slimmer fit it works well, although I could potentially have sized up for a looser, comfortable fit. Wish I had a chance to try a size 2 just to see how it would have looked, but they only had a size 1 left in that particular ring coat style (which was what I was most drawn to out of the ring coat styles I saw). I'll work with the Size 1 and try to see how I can rock it, and maybe if I (inevitably?) get another one again sometime I can try a Size 2. Regardless, definitely a fun, unique jacket; honestly still trying to figure out how of all of it works.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads