• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

dangerous

Reaction score
I don't think it is. I'm in the US and bought something from Italy. When I returned, the company doesn't do prepaid shipping labels so I returned it on my own via USPS and got reimbursed by PayPal. They only do up to a certain amount (just looked it up it's $30) and I had to provide a copy of the customs form and my shipping receipt

This is a part of it, which is really sad:

You may use the Return Shipping on Us Service to obtain reimbursement of return shipping costs for items purchased online, if the following conditions are met:
  • You must activate the Service before you attempt to submit a refund request, by clicking the “Agree & Activate Now” button on the Return Shipping on Us service website and logging in to your PayPal account.
  • You must hold a U.S. PayPal account that is not suspended or limited;

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also selling a cotton khaki ring coat size 1 if anyone is interested. Mannequin is marked 36 but is more like a 38.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@d4nimal great setup. I plan to get something like that when I move to my new house in 2020.
Ah nice. I saw on IG you just found a place, congrats!

I think this one is beige version, the one I have is definetely more like brown/olive green

I'm pretty positive it's khaki. In not direct light it reads as more olive and is darker. Might also have been my white balancing. In warmer light it reads more golden.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finally got my tall ring coat in (thanks again to @d4nimal and everybody else for the sizing advice)

you guys weren't kidding about the sleeves being a major consideration - the ribbing is at juuust the right length; any shorter and i would've been disappointed

-

anyway, is there a "cleaner" way to tuck in the excess in the hood/collar when trying to go for shawl collar-mode?

like, it looks fine on the outside, but it bunches in the back of the neck on the inside (though it's not particularly uncomfortable or anything)

dangerous

Reaction score
finally got my tall ring coat in (thanks again to @d4nimal and everybody else for the sizing advice)

you guys weren't kidding about the sleeves being a major consideration - the ribbing is at juuust the right length; any shorter and i would've been disappointed

-

anyway, is there a "cleaner" way to tuck in the excess in the hood/collar when trying to go for shawl collar-mode?

like, it looks fine on the outside, but it bunches in the back of the neck on the inside (though it's not particularly uncomfortable or anything)

I got mine in size 2, which was the perfect size, but I agree. There need to be an instruction booklet on this stuff.

I love mine though, even if it's the short version.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

-

Of the time I use to put on my ring coat, 10% is actually getting it on and the remaining 90% is adjusting the shawl on the back of my neck. If there's a better way to do it, I'm certainly not privy to it.

And congrats on your ring coat!

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do I size Kapital boots? I want a pair of Smiley boots -- either the beige zips or the brown 2016 mountain boots (long shot).

I'm a 10, generally take US10 in everything and can't decide between a 3 / 4. Mr Porter is weird and is saying a 3 is a US11 which makes no sense to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads